Page 1 of 7
Amazing band. I have Diadem of 12 Stars and Two Hunters.

Btw... Doesn't the name remind you of ASOIAF? >.> You know... wolves/Starks... in the throne room... yeah...
Haha, I've never thought about it like that, but now that you mention it, yeah, it does.
LOL

I cant believe I never noticed the GRRM reference. Savage!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
great band.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Last edited by kinzoku at Apr 7, 2008,
Amazing band. An atmospheric black metal band with actual quality atmosphere and mood. The distance they create is immense.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yea there is an awesome feel off their stuff^^
Something alot of bands fail to do these days.

Quote by RedDeath9
LOL.

Yet another metal-head ASOIAF fan.

"Winter Is Coming"

There needs to be more GRRM themed metal bands
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Quote by 11thHour
Yea there is an awesome feel off their stuff^^
Something alot of bands fail to do these days.

"Winter Is Coming"

There needs to be more GRRM themed metal bands

Have you heard of Winterfell? They're a progressive/thrash band, but they're pretty much dead. I'm gonna have to start a GRRM themed band one day...
Quote by technicolour
I have Two hunters, and love it. So beautiful, just wish there was lyrics written somewhere

I think metal-archives has attempted to transcribe the lyrics, although they obviously might be a bit off.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Amazing band. An atmospheric black metal band with actual quality atmosphere and mood. The distance they create is immense.

Indeed, Vastness and Sorrow is one of the best BM tracks I've heard yet.
Get those mother****ing wolves out of my mother****ing throne room!

Great band, have both the albums and they get a regular listen from me, moreso than most others
I don't want to start an argument, but they're a bunch of hippies. What's more, they clearly don't understand black metal. In their interviews, they are always trying to explain how black metal and radical ecology are the same. What the ****?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
^ And this is a bad thing....? And since when was Black Metal - any metal, really - limited to a set of defined rules?

Let them be hippies, let them say what they want in the interviews.

Last edited by Broadsword at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by MHDrunk
I don't want to start an argument, but they're a bunch of hippies. What's more, they clearly don't understand black metal. In their interviews, they are always trying to explain how black metal and radical ecology are the same. What the ****?

That's exactly why I like them

The whole "hating people" thing in black metal gets old. And the ideology seems like a one way road, if you really hate humanity that much, sooner or later killing yourself seems like the only choice to maintain that ideology.

I would love to live on a far and eat all natural food, and have a very low impact on the environment, and make awesome music at the same time!
Quote by MHDrunk

Your thinking to black and white.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
best black metal band out there atm
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by Broadsword
^ And this is a bad thing....? And since when was Black Metal - any metal, really - limited to a set of defined rules?

Let them be hippies, let them say what they want in the interviews.

I don't agree that radical ecology should be at all linked to black metal but that's just opinion.

He didn't leave it there though, he went so far as to say that black metal and radical ecology are inseparable. Ie, he thinks that you cannot be black metal without being some extreme-left wing environmental lunatic (hippy)
This band is starting to intrigue me. Is the heaviness prevalent or is it all superatmospheric whatever? (I don't have access to a computer with speakers so, links and myspace don't mean anything to me)
Oh yeah, they are awesome! On of the best American black metal bands, along with Twilight.
Quote by VampireGoldfish

I'm still right.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
^ No one doubts you, myself least of all.

Which reminds me, I need to get Diadem, I've only ever heard samples from it.

Quote by UGHm.o.w.
This band is starting to intrigue me. Is the heaviness prevalent or is it all superatmospheric whatever? (I don't have access to a computer with speakers so, links and myspace don't mean anything to me)

It's heavy, but the atmosphere is the most noticeable/memorable part of their music.
Guess I've never posted in this thread, and this is a great band. It's definitely BM, but you can hear the America in it...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Guess I've never posted in this thread, and this is a great band. It's definitely BM, but you can hear the America in it...

That's just stupid. It isn't like America are the only country capable of mediocre black metal and it isn't like USBM mediocrity sounds any different from other BM mediocrity. There is no 'you can hear the America in it' for anything in metal except old Bay Area Thrash and Floridan death metal.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

^

My god, you really do take your metal seriously, don't you? Relax. Take a breath. In the end, it's just music. That's it.
I do take it seriously, i can take a joke. But I should be able to point out an incorrect claim without being accused of taking it too seriously.

Quote by MHDrunk
That's just stupid. It isn't like America are the only country capable of mediocre black metal and it isn't like USBM mediocrity sounds any different from other BM mediocrity. There is no 'you can hear the America in it' for anything in metal except old Bay Area Thrash and Floridan death metal.

Must be in the eye of the beholder then...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Ive only heard Two Hunters so far, and love it immensely. How does Diadem compare?
Cool band, I have Diadem of the 12 Stars, great album.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Cooper1983
Ive only heard Two Hunters so far, and love it immensely. How does Diadem compare?

just as good and if not better my friend.
all the tracks are amazing and the atmosphere is beyond measure, i would define it as an out of body experience
Quote by MHDrunk
I don't agree that radical ecology should be at all linked to black metal but that's just opinion.

He didn't leave it there though, he went so far as to say that black metal and radical ecology are inseparable. Ie, he thinks that you cannot be black metal without being some extreme-left wing environmental lunatic (hippy)

What a twat. I don't care much for this band ether, but I haven't really given a proper listen.
Great band, I like Two Hunters better because of its variety but Diadem is awesome as well. With Two Hunters they've shown that they're not afraid to experiment with their sound, which I always think is a plus with black metal.
So did anyone pick up that Lp version of Two hunters? It comes with one new song and an extended intro to cleansing. I already have the cd, but I'm so tempted to get the lp as well.
I finally got both albums over the summer, and they really impressed me. Definitely one of my top black metal bands at the moment.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I had forgotten about this thread lol.

It's been awhile, and they don't impress me near as much as they used to, and when it comes to atmospheric BM there's plenty of others I'd rather listen to. These guys are good for the occasional listen though.

And to be honest, an extended intro to cleansing is not appealing. That was the worst part of the album imo.