Hey I've just recently been asked to teach guitar to to of my friends and I don't really know where to start. One of them is a complete beginner and has been up for a lesson already and showed him some basic cords and showed him knocking on heavens door. The other guy is comming up saturday for a lesson and he alredy knows he's cords and stuff. So I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to what I should show them. I was thinking about showing them the minor pentaonic scales but I'm not to sure. thanks.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Maybe the C major/A minor scale. And show them some good exercises. Maybe a song like smoke on the water.
GO YANKEES!
show them, chords a major - g major then a minor - g minor.
after that,
start with a major/ gminor
and work your way up.
yea, i think the minor pentatonic scale is a good start, its pretty easy and sounds good
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
maybe not right away but the blues scale and some chord progressions . get an early jump on improvisation. excises for hammer-ons pull-off ect. and some easy songs that they like, to get them into it
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
ask them what tehy wanna learn, cuz if they just wanna learn songs, you'll bore them with scales
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
pentatonic, and where different chords fit in to different scale degrees for major&minor progressions

to
two
too

... they're different