Since my old Strat was screwed over thanks to a faulty volume knob (ergo it never went through to the amp) i've been playing mainly acoustic for a while, even though I love my acoustic, I need a good electric to play live with my band. I've been browsing around for some cheap electric guitars since I'm a little low on cash. I liked the looks of the Epiphone Les Paul Jr, but I heard its out of tune real easily and its not very good to play live (or so i've heard.)

I found a pretty nice Squire Telecaster on Guitar Centers website, but i'm not sure if it will sound good live. Basicly, I'm just asking if anyone knows if these guitars would be any good live (less hum from the amp would be delightful), and if not, could you recommend any cheap squire or epiphone that would sound nice live?
try VM squiers they are awesome(better than MIM fender IMO)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by MrSteeve
Since my old Strat was screwed over thanks to a faulty volume knob (ergo it never went through to the amp) i've been playing mainly acoustic for a while, even though I love my acoustic, I need a good electric to play live with my band. I've been browsing around for some cheap electric guitars since I'm a little low on cash. I liked the looks of the Epiphone Les Paul Jr, but I heard its out of tune real easily and its not very good to play live (or so i've heard.)

I found a pretty nice Squire Telecaster on Guitar Centers website, but i'm not sure if it will sound good live. Basicly, I'm just asking if anyone knows if these guitars would be any good live (less hum from the amp would be delightful), and if not, could you recommend any cheap squire or epiphone that would sound nice live?

Dude, there's a better solution. new Volume potentiometer. simple as that. it'll cost maybe $10-$20.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What amp are you running it through?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by theocao
No don't buy a epiphone all of them suck get a the tele.

March 08er
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Yeah I'm pretty much for the telecaster. The les paul jr. was OK at best, but when I tried it out at Guitar Center it began to loose my interest, and I've heard it sounds good mainly with enough distortion, while thats ok with me, I need to do some clean stuff too.