Hey, im looking for a metal guitar that is supposed to sound fat, beefy, meaty (you get the idea)

The problem is, im not rich, but i can afford a guitar as long as it isnt super uber expensive. I have some money but i will not use it all, so therefore im not giving you guys a budget, as i can buy most stuff, but please something that isn't too expensive.

I would appreciate your help.

One more thing! I do not want a guitar with locking stuff where you have to spend some time doing bla bla to tune/change strings.

Thank you.
Jackson DK2 or DK2m or DK2t: Best build quality of anything in the price range.
Agree with the Damien, Ibanez make a few really good entry level guitars, LTD make a few nice ones in the same price range as well.

Prince range would help narrow down the options, and any shapes you like or dislike.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Last edited by Perturabo at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by CJRocker
Jackson DK2 or DK2m or DK2t: Best build quality of anything in the price range.

agreed. If you like EMGs than look at these.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX400-Electric-Guitar?sku=512028
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-with-EMG-Pickups?sku=512241
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Thanks guys! I'll check em all out.

While lookin at the Schecters i came over the Damien 6, is this a good guitar? Instead of the FR one? Im not really into Floyd Rose.
Go with the hellaiser definatly!
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by PsychoJeams
Thanks guys! I'll check em all out.

While lookin at the Schecters i came over the Damien 6, is this a good guitar? Instead of the FR one? Im not really into Floyd Rose.

I would find something with better pickups. EMG HZ = bad. That C-1 Black Jack a few posts back looks pretty damn good.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
the Ibanez s320.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
^Yes, that or the Hello Kitty Strat with a pickup change to EMG's lol. You could be just like Alexi lol. Ok to be serious now, I'd look at the Hellraiser or maybe some sort of ESP or Jackson, All depends on taste.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
i know i say this every time people suggest schecter but TRY THEM OUT first. schecters are high quality but they have really thick necks and a weird feel to them which i hate. stay the hell away from the Ibanez RGs in your price range, those are the worst ones.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I do not think ill go with the hellraiser as the price for it in Norway is like 2 grand. That's kinda expensive i think..
Last edited by PsychoJeams at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by Toniofalcon
Do any of these guitars clean up well?

You mean clean up like your wife does?
Quote by PsychoJeams
You mean clean up like your wife does?

O.o That was out of nowhere.

And as for a good /metal/ guitar for cheap.
You really cannot go wrong with esp guitars. I mean seriously. <.< either those or An Axl guitar. Although i would suggest getting the Axl checked as soon as you get it.
WE are Betrayers of perfection

Member of the Bass Militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Once a king of roses in a kingdom of Gold

Gear | Guitar
  • ESP F-50
  • AXL Jacknife mayhem

Amp
Randall RX120RHS 120W 4x12 Half Stack
Guys, I thought he asked for fat, beefy, meaty. IMO Jacksons aren't the first thing that come to mind when I hear those words.

+1 on the Schecter, and if actives aren't for you, go for the Blackjack with passives.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?