I've never really used a OD boost before but until I get an OD pedal I think I might just use the MT-2 as a boost but I have no idea what to set the settings on for it to act like a boost. I probably sound like a noob but really I just want to know if you have to set to anything special for a boost pedal or not.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
I heard somewhere on here before that it works well as a boost (better than a standalone distoriton pedal)
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
I already tried it. I even made a thread bout modifying one to BE a boost.

So much simpler to just by a boost.....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I already tried it. I even made a thread bout modifying one to BE a boost.

So much simpler to just by a boost.....

Did you even read my post I said UNTIL I GET THE MONEY TO
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Last edited by ltmusicman at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^ What does that have to do with the MT-2 acting as an OD?

I was saying that I asked the same question in my threads, and made a thread about trying to mod one to be a boost/OD.

In both of them the conclusion I got was that it was much simpler to just ditch the MT and get an OD/Boost pedal.

In other words, no, it's not really good for an OD. Or boost (which he also asked in the first post).
Quote by ltmusicman
^Did you even read my post I said UNTIL I GET THE MONEY TO

Yes, I did.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I was saying that I asked the same question in my threads, and made a thread about trying to mod one to be a boost/OD.

In both of them the conclusion I got was that it was much simpler to just ditch the MT and get an OD/Boost pedal.

In other words, no, it's not really good for an OD. Or boost (which he also asked in the first post.

That wasn't aimed towards you. The TS said something about a computer and then deleted his post.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
That wasn't aimed towards you. The TS said something about a computer and then deleted his post.

Oh. Sorry man.... ?
--

--
^Ya haha sorry I posted in the wrong thread. Got my tabs mixed up
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Mt-2 as a booster is a bad idea! I probably suggest using a compressor or using a booster pedal.
Would it help at all or should I just not use it at all?
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Quote by ltmusicman
^Ya haha sorry I posted in the wrong thread. Got my tabs mixed up

Hey, you want the link to the thread I made about modifying it?
--

--
^No considering Im purchasing a actual OD pedal soon and I don't know s*** about modding crap.

ALL I AM WONDERING IS IF WOULD CLEAN UP/ BOOST MY DISTORTION AT ALL
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Quote by Ghold125
u can't use a distortion pedal as a good boost, it would just sound bad.

I use my DS-1 as a boost quite frequently.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Most of you guys are clueless. The MT-2 can be used as a boost and sound fine as long as you know how to set it.

Gain - 0
Volume - Start at 12 o'clock and adjust from there
EQ's - You'll have to use your own ears. Start with all the knobs at 12 o'clock and go from there.

As for you guys that say it'll sound like crap, tell that to Petrucci. He's used the MT-2 as a boost in the studio.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Most of you guys are clueless. The MT-2 can be used as a boost and sound fine as long as you know how to set it.

Gain - 0
EQ's - You'll have to use your own ears. Start with all the knobs at 12 o'clock and go from there.

As for you guys that say it'll sound like crap, tell that to Petrucci. He's used the MT-2 as a boost in the studio.

Ouch. You just destroyed pretty much everyone here including me. Petrucci probably used a modded one in the studio though.
It was a Keeley modded MT-2. When used as a boost, that pedal doesn't have much of an audible difference if it's modded or not.
Id rather spend the money on an actual boost like a TS9, but its cool to hear that the MT-2 has a plausible use.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^ Plausible, because no one in their right mind would use it for distortion, it would even make an MG sound worse.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
^ Plausible, because no one in their right mind would use it for distortion, it would even make an MG sound worse.

Bees in a tin, lolwut?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Guitarmiester

Gain - 0

Congratz, you just pwned everyone sir

Guitarmiester has flawed your logic
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by Guitarmiester
It was a Keeley modded MT-2. When used as a boost, that pedal doesn't have much of an audible difference if it's modded or not.

... I'm pretty sure it DOES ... Just sell your MT-2 to a stupid person and buy an MXR Micro amp or an Xotic BB booster. Just becuase Satch uses a butload of boss pedals doesn't make them good...
Quote by Highwaytohell
... I'm pretty sure it DOES ... Just sell your MT-2 to a stupid person and buy an MXR Micro amp or an Xotic BB booster. Just becuase Satch uses a butload of boss pedals doesn't make them good...

I was talking about the difference between a stock and modded MT-2 being used as a boost. The difference isn't substantial enough to pay for the mod when it's used as a boost. By the way, Satch only uses a few Boss pedals - Two DD-3's, a PS-5, and he's most likely swapping his DS-1 for his new Satchurator pedal. Not exactly a 'buttload' of Boss pedals if you ask me.
Quote by Guitarmiester
I was talking about the difference between a stock and modded MT-2 being used as a boost. The difference isn't substantial enough to pay for the mod when it's used as a boost. By the way, Satch only uses a few Boss pedals - Two DD-3's, a PS-5, and he's most likely swapping his DS-1 for his new Satchurator pedal. Not exactly a 'buttload' of Boss pedals if you ask me.

put in my place... wow...

Still I think, TS, you would be better off just not using it...
Quote by STABxYOU

Actually, before I actually got serious about my tone, I was stuck with my friend's MG and my metal zone and to tell you the truth it really wasn't that bad. It basically made the MG very metal but it lacked so much punch. No matter how loud I got you could still hear my guitar mate's sound over mine. But we all start somewhere and now that I've moved on I have seen what better things are out there. I just wanted to know if it had any use.

I've come to the conclusion that it is somewhat still useful but actually worthy of a true boost only with the mod. Thank you for your comments.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
I don't know about the MT-2, but I have an MD-2 that I use for nothing but boost.
Do what Guitarmeister said, it will work.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb