Would this amp be good for the price and will the drive sound natural and not muddy?
I play mainly classic to hard rock and I have a Boss Gt-8 which I'll probably put through the effects loop. So is this amp any good?
It is excellent. Ditch the GT-8 though. the drive is beautiful and natural. the only thing it can't really do is metal so you should be ok
It's a tad bit more modern sounding than my Palo. If you want a more vintage-y sound, go for a Palo. More modern, get the standard Crate version.

And yeah, they're excellent amps for the price.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Hmm...maybe I'll give the Palamino a chance. Thanks guys!
But what do you mean ditch the Gt-8?? It's awesome!!
Quote by john0307

People on here just tend to discourage multi-effect units, however, I thought the gt-8 was very good.
Quote by john0307

It's one of those multi-effects processors, right? Sorry, I'm not really sure bout that.

But people try not to mix too much digital with tubes in an effects chain. Not quite sure why though......
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
True.
But if I used the preamp section of the GT-8 as a distortion boost or gain boost. That wouldn't be so bad right? I just didn't want to spend close to 500 bucks for an ME-50 with extra effects.
Very good amp for the price it goes for, gratzi

I was going to buy one, but tried the B-52 and was like "Screw the Crate...), and the drive is very natural and tight sounding (especially for the price).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
^ you welcome
i told you that you would like it bettor over the Crate all you had to do was play it.
I tought you said you couldnt afford it?

And you were so hard pressed on getting the crate what made you change your mind.
By tight do you mean like the bass is tight and not loose or like it's awesome tight.
Well I'll try the amp out with my GT-8 later and if it sounds bad, then I'll look into stompboxes. I already have a crybaby wah (looking at a Morley) and a Boss DS-2 which I'll probably sell.
Quote by the-kid66(2)
^ you welcome
i told you that you would like it bettor over the Crate all you had to do was play it.
I tought you said you couldnt afford it?

And you were so hard pressed on getting the crate what made you change your mind.

I'm not gonna buy it straightforward, I'm saving up for it. And, since you were making such a big deal about I was like "ahh...**** it" and tried it out, rather liked, but preferred the cleans on the Crate, but the B-52's distortion was so much better I had to decide on saving up for that one.

And, to TS, it's not loose is what I meant, and the sound is naturally tight, as is the bass...overall a good combo/head
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Mar 20, 2008,