Okay so heres the deal:

I've been looking everywhere for good mid-range amps. I took a trip to my local-ish music store and tried out a vox AD50 and I liked it. It has a decent wah, its foot switchable and seemed good quality.

so am I right about this? or should I keep looking?

also what are your opinions about the crate flexwave series?
Tube.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078

If you decide you must have lame amp models, then yes, Vox is a good choice.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Stay away from the Flexwaves. Those amps are just bottom of the barrel turd.

Are you going to be gigging?

If so, you could probably get something better but the Vox would still be a solid choice.

Whatever works for you bro!

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What's your budget?
What's your location?
What are you planning to play?

Be prepared to receive countless tube amp recommendations.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Stay away from the Flexwaves. Those amps are just bottom of the barrel turd.

Are you going to be gigging?

If so, you could probably get something better but the Vox would still be a solid choice.

Whatever works for you bro!

I will be gigging within my next amp's lifetime so I'd like something fairly substantial.

what kinda better stuff?

Quote by CanCan
What's your budget?
What's your location?
What are you planning to play?

Be prepared to receive countless tube amp recommendations.

my budget is up to probably 600
Texas...???
The songs I write are close to Chevelle's and Tool's style, but I enjoy playing blues and similar stuff.

EDIT: I thought the flexwave sucked... I heard some guy supporting it in another thread though... so forget I mentioned it!
Last edited by whatadrag at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by whatadrag
I will be gigging within my next amp's lifetime so I'd like something fairly substantial.

what kinda better stuff?

my budget is up to probably 600
Texas...???
The songs I write are close to Chevelle's and Tool's style, but I enjoy playing blues and similar stuff.

EDIT: I thought the flexwave sucked... I heard some guy supporting it in another thread though... so forget I mentioned it!

Well, you could always go with a Peavey Valveking, they do the heavy stuff quite well, the cleans aren't anything special though.

You could also check out the Peavey Classic 30 although it probably won't do Tool heavy even with a boost.

You could probably pick up a used JCM 900 combo if you can stretch your budget a bit.

A used Mesa is always good too. You could probably pick up something like a Studio combo or an F series amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I was looking into a mesa f-30 found one on e-Bay for 600, but the auction ended a couple days ago...

The VKs are alright, they're nothing special but my friend has one. he uses it for....COUNTRY!

this isn't my money though it'll be for my birthday, but I'll be the one picking it out.
Quote by whatadrag
I was looking into a mesa f-30 found one on e-Bay for 600, but the auction ended a couple days ago...

The VKs are alright, they're nothing special but my friend has one. he uses it for....COUNTRY!

this isn't my money though it'll be for my birthday, but I'll be the one picking it out.

Just because he uses it for country, doesnt mean its bad. It shows you the versatility you'll get from the amp. Have you actually tried it yourself with your own style of distortion?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted