I'm a complete idiot in this kind of thing, far too impulsive. I need help. I've been playing for about a year and a half, so nothing too fancy, but I need a nice guitar. I need it to be able to do these things well:
Riffing (A LOT)
Soloing (Not so much, still quite a bit)
Metal, all types.
Hard rock.
Ones I'm looking at:
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibañez RG2EX1
Reeealy leaning towards the Dot right now.
Price range (CAD): $0-$420 AT THE VERY MAX.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Last edited by Sinnessjukdomen at Mar 19, 2008,
Price range?

If it's under a grand, I'd say Schecter.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Whoops, I'll add that.
The Schecter is a good-looking guitar, but it's got a price too steep for me. Thanks anyway.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
Last edited by Sinnessjukdomen at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Try going to a music swop shop or try to ge t a second hand guitar on ebay. Most (but not all) are probably in very nice condition like you would buy them new. But, i would say that the ibanez is your best bet.
Another thing: please, for my sake, try to stick to the guitars I've listed.
I'm still leaning towards the Dot tbh.
The Ibanez then. It'll do whatever you need it to do. It's hella versatile and the stock pickups are much better than the Epiphone ones.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Sounds like you're a Rhythm player.

Depending on the type of Metal you play the most, look at the body wood for a main preference. Mahogany for Black, Death, Downtuned (Any genre), Thrash (IMO), etc. Basswood for Power, Progressive, Speed, etc.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
A noob question then: What sort of metal do Black Sabbath and Metallica play? It never really occured to me to classify them before....
But so far, the RG2EX1 is looking like the one I want.
i guess sabbath would be a more doomy kinda metal? metallica is thrash. Try looking at mahogany guitars. like the Ibanez S or SA series guitars.. I'm leaning towards the epiphone actually. mahogany guitars are good for riffing.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by Sinnessjukdomen
Another thing: please, for my sake, try to stick to the guitars I've listed.
I'm still leaning towards the Dot tbh.

Get the Ibanez Artcore AS73.. it blows the Dot away, AND it's cheaper.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments