Page 1 of 3
Well, I made this my own thread because I didnt want only one person responding to it I kinda wanted more people to see it as it is completely stupid. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hwQWuQVE6sw Apparently Obama's pastor said a few bad things about America which in a few cases I can see his point but it is dumb that his opponents are pulling up this to make him into a racist. Obama's statement was really good. http://youtube.com/watch?v=X4dwiJkCR5s So yeah what do you guys all think?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
i love how they judge obama by a person hes loosely associated with, clinton is just getting desperate
I'm a McCain supporter, but I can agree that Hilary is just getting desperate and definately should lose the election by making only loose character attacks on him.

Also, http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtAja20kTCA
I want him to be president, shake a few things up. But really he wouldn't change anything just because he's black. but one of the things I hate the most is that bull**** about how his name makes him sound like a terrorist, seriously they're just finding things to try to make him look bad when deep down they just don't like him cause hes African American. Its like "I don't like him because his name reminds me of a terrorist and i don't want that," and Im like "Ah, No Bitch, you don't like him cause he's black, get the **** over it and just say it."

Edit: Hilary is crazy ass bitch, im sorry but i would rather have Obama or even McCain over Hilary, just my opinion.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
i think that i've already discussed this in the political thread. come on in.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
thats politics! whomp whomp waaaaaaaah
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I thought this was about the band Brand New at first.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
There is so much ridiculous fear-mongering and prejudice against Obama it's sickening. "Oh no he must be a terrorist, his name sounds foreign!" "Someone he's loosely associated with is mad at the government!" "He might be a religion other than Christian!" Absolutely disgusting.

I must admit that Obama's speech on the topic of his pastor was just amazing, it's created a whole lot more respect for him in my mind. Hillary just keeps digging herself a deeper and deeper whole, it'd be embarrassing if I didn't hate her so much.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Yeah I'm not entirely sure it was Clinton who dug this up mainly because I don't know much about politics I really only know Obama's stance on racism and Hilary's stance on health care, I only saw this and it pissed me off it got me thinking that if the media would focus more on thier stance on what they want to change instead of things that shouldn't matter like his preacher's stance on America than I'd probably know more.
This goes perfectly with my theory of how the presidential race should go:

All of the candidates should wear masks. Any mask of their choice. They could be Spider Man, or Batman, hell, they could be Ronald Reagan if they wanted. This way nobody would discriminate on account of race, and they could use voice-changer thingies to match their voice to their mask, and nobody would even know what gender they were.

As an added bonus, they could even keep their costume after being elected. How awesome would it be to have Batman as president?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The pastor is right on. I dont think Obama will get in America is so institutionally racist. Hilary wont be running America anyway it will be Bill. However i wouldnt like to see what happened when she had a heavy period with her Nukes .
Quote by imthehitcher
to be fair half the stuff that pastor said was right

That's what I was thinking. And say Obama does agree with him, which I'm not saying he does or ever did, doesn't that just mean that he wants to make America better?
Quote by EvyDefMetal
The pastor is right on. I dont think Obama will get in America is so institutionally racist. Hilary wont be running America anyway it will be Bill. However i wouldnt like to see what happened when she had a heavy period with her Nukes .

To be fair to Hillary, testosterone makes people aggressive as well. And it's not like she's gonna be angry and just press a button to nuke. I don't think the president even has the power to decide that.

08AMA

EDIT: sorry for double post.
Quote by hugmeplz
To be fair to Hillary, testosterone makes people aggressive as well. And it's not like she's gonna be angry and just press a button to nuke. I don't think the president even has the power to decide that.

08AMA

Yeah the buck stops with them dude. It was Roosevelt who did it with the H Bomb when Einstein told him to do it.
Quote by Joe-Fish
I thought this was about the band Brand New at first.

That's exactly what I thought when I read the title.
I have recreated a Mattocaster with Kaoss Pad built into the body. If you would be interested in having this mod done to your guitar, let me know!
Quote by EvyDefMetal
Yeah the buck stops with them dude. It was Roosevelt who did it with the H Bomb when Einstein told him to do it.

my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by hugmeplz

08AMA

thing with woman is they think they need to make up by acting harder..Margaret Thatcher (aka that bitch) case in point.
Yeah, I heard about the pastor last week sometime on the Daily Show, and I saw Obama's response to it on the repeat of last night's Daily Show about an hour and a half ago.

And, I must say, Obama made one of the best speeches on race I have ever heard, and, in the words of John Stewart, "Talked to us about race like we were adults."

I can't find a good link at the moment, but when I get one I'll post it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Most of the media, especially Hannity and Colmes are trying their hardest to come up with controversy for Obama and Hillary. Even the more liberal shows bring it up but they usually just brush it off and use tolerance and common sense.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

einstein contacted roosevelt to warn him the Nazis could make an H bomb so they should do it.
Quote by EvyDefMetal

wtf? einstein HATED war, it was illogical to him

the only role he played in the H bomb was his theories were used in the manhattan project
Quote by nt1440
wtf? einstein HATED war, it was illogical to him

the only role he played in the H bomb was his theories were used in the manhattan project

incorrect.
Quote by EvyDefMetal

Ummm.....

Yeah.... Roosevelt was dead when they dropped the bombs on Japan. Truman made the decision to do so.

And like the guy above me said, Einstein hated war.

Saxo-Walrus

When Obama and his supporters use the issue of race to their advantage, they open themselves up to legitimate personal (and racial) attacks. Politically, there is little ideological difference (and no practical difference) between Obama and candidates like Clinton or McCain. If candidates were forced to wear a mask as an earlier poster suggested, and were judged on their political views alone, no one would know the difference. The only difference between other candidates and Obama is his charisma and ability to insert the word "change" five times into every sentence, in a desperate attempt to deceive voters into thinking his views aren't generic, cliched, and shared by every other candidate in the race.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by fallenangel20
Ummm.....

Yeah.... Roosevelt was dead when they dropped the bombs on Japan. Truman made the decision to do so.

And like the guy above me said, Einstein hated war.

truman sorry but einstein warned him to make an H bomb
Quote by EvyDefMetal
truman sorry but einstein warned him to make an H bomb

source?
Quote by EvyDefMetal
heres one and it was roosevelt i was right
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F9YSRJd84xQ&feature=related

Yes, Einstein and Szilard sent a letter warning that Germany was trying to create a nuke, but Einstein didn't say, "We need nukes", he simply told the president that Germany might create one. A simple warning, not a call to nuclear arms.

The president made the decision to go forth with the Manhattan Project, Einstein didn't have anything to do with the executive order.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Wow, that is the worst source response I've ever seen. Congratulations.

wow your photo is the most amazing thing ive seen (long haired geek psycho gets the gals!). Congratulations
how bout a real source instead of an overly summed up preview?

im willing to see that, but thats just an attention grabber, history channel almost always goes in depth and shows the other sides of the story as well, but still, fundamentally einsteing HATED war
Quote by fallenangel20
Yes, Einstein and Szilard sent a letter warning that Germany was trying to create a nuke, but Einstein didn't say, "We need nukes", he simply told the president that Germany might create one. A simple warning, not a call to nuclear arms.

The president made the decision to go forth with the Manhattan Project, Einstein didn't have anything to do with the executive order.

i never said he did i was purely referring to the fact he told them to prepare.
Quote by Leonheart
Most of the media, especially Hannity and Colmes are trying their hardest to come up with controversy for Obama and Hillary. Even the more liberal shows bring it up but they usually just brush it off and use tolerance and common sense.

Well there's your problem.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by EvyDefMetal

Erm no it was Truman and Einstien wasn't even a member of project manhatten he just kinda came upon the theory and shared it with people.
Quote by EvyDefMetal
wow your photo is the most amazing thing ive seen (long haired geek psycho gets the gals!). Congratulations

nice of you to make assumptions about people and try to humiliate them for having an opposing veiw, kindly leave seeing as your opinions are null and void to me (and most likely alot of the ppl in this thread)
Page 1 of 3