Whats up UG. Does anybody else have this amp?

http://www.b-52stealthseries.com/AT212.html

I've had it for about a year now, and I can get a really nice nasty vintage (early)AC/DC/Rolling Stones tone, but I want to know how to get a more modern, scooped tone. The contour knob isnt really helping me much (it makes it so buzzy dude! i dont want to sound like ****ing st anger!)

I"m just looking for some suggestions for settings. I dont know why its so hard with this amp... Thanks in advance
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
My favorite is
T: a little more than half
m: a quarter
b: 3 quarters
contour: a quarter

To buzzy? Try turning down treble and gain just a bit? What guitar are you using?
i'm using an epi les paul custom most of the time. do you use gain 1 or gain 2? how much of it?
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
scooped = buzzy

therefore, scooping = bad
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I own this amp, and if there is one thing that I've figured out is the the sound durastically changes depending on EQ and contour positions...

Experiment with it and set all eq knobs at 12 o'clock and the contour at 0.. Adjust the contour to a rough setting of a tone that you think you can shape to your liking, then adjust the EQ knobs either up or down to tailor it...

remember that not everything has to be past 12 o'clock on the eq settings, and a little goes a long way on this amp...

I currently have mine set as such:

Bass: 6
Mid: 5
Treble: 6

and I will adjust the contour anywhere from 2 to 6 depending on the guitar I'm using. That's just the settings I have at the moment for playing around....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator