If i am just starting would it be a good idea to get a pedal or should I wait awhile?
if you want it, get it, if you don't, don't... thats about the best way to look at it, it doesn't matter when you get it... but if your not going to use it, i wouldn't
Depends if you really need it or not i usually reward myself with new gear when i feel i deserve it.
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Go get yourself like some 30 dolllar used pedal and have some fun. Why the hell not? Just make sure you test out whatever you are looking at, helps to do so on a simillar amp and guitar.
Quote by nin3donian
If i am just starting would it be a good idea to get a pedal or should I wait awhile?

Wait until you end up playing or writing something and you think to yourself "hmm...it could really use a different sound to it" then find out what that sound is and buy a pedal that does it; I'm a big advocate of only buying a pedal when you know you want the sound it makes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You can really whenever you want to and whenever you feel like you need one for the songs you are playing. Just keep in mind that using one will make playing more complicated.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Wait until you end up playing or writing something and you think to yourself "hmm...it could really use a different sound to it" then find out what that sound is and buy a pedal that does it; I'm a big advocate of only buying a pedal when you know you want the sound it makes.

+1

but if you really want one , then buy a used pedal and have fun
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Yes, buy used when you're starting out, there are tons and tons of people who need quick cash that you can get a bargain from.

Also, don't rush out and buy pedals just for the sake of having them. I debate with myself constantly about buying new drum stuff (cymbals, etc) but it usually comes down to: I'm not playing any gigs at the moment so I don't NEED a bunch of cymbals for certain sounds, I just need to focus on building my chops.

Same with guitar. Do you really NEED to have an amazing/trippy sound now or do you think your technique could use a lot more work? You need to find that balance.