I tried to sell a guitar I bought for my brother for christmas on eBay with no luck. I don't want to end up paying fees for no reason again. I am wondering where I can sell my guitar for free and get a lot of exposure at the same time.

Maybe I can offer it here? I didn't see anything against selling stuff on any of the rule pages but maybe I missed it.... so I decided not to make a for sale thread.

But yeah, its a sunburst stratocaster. Got it off of musicians friend in december. Failed to sell it on eBay and ended up wasting money on their stupid fees. The guitar is an MIM strat and I got 1 years worth of their gold coverage.

I also bought a line 6 spider 3 75 amp. Got gold coverage on that too.

I also want to get rid of the extras I bought with it. I got a good peg winder with built in wire cutter as well as a couple packs of strings. Theres also a good strap and well as strap locks which I never opened.

Here are some photo's:

Those photo's are the ones I took for the eBay auction.

The stuff I have did change a bit. Since I failed to sell it on eBay I decided to try and learn to play myself. I never have time to learn so the guitar just sat there except maybe 3 days where I tried to play it. One day I broke a string while tuning it. So I got rid of all the factory strings and put new ones on. So that leaves 5 out of 6 of the new sets of strings left. I also had to open the peg winder/wire cutter to put the strings on. I also cut off the tag. Other than that its still all brand new. No scratches, dents, etc.
i don' trust craigslist. I think your best bet would be the UG classifieds or another forum.
Quote by Kwesi
i don' trust craigslist. I think your best bet would be the UG classifieds or another forum.

That would work to.
Quote by Kwesi

Lol Craigslist is probably the safest way of selling stuff.. What don't you trust?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

dude id buy that if i had the money haha
but yeah, try asking around school.... if your still in school?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Vanquish
Lol Craigslist is probably the safest way of selling stuff.. What don't you trust?

call me paranoid but i don't want people who i don't know coming to my house, and if they happen to like what they see a little too much....yea
Quote by Kwesi
call me paranoid but i don't want people who i don't know coming to my house, and if they happen to like what they see a little too much....yea

just carry a knive. problem sorted
+1 to UG Gear Ads and Craiglist suggestions

Just make sure you're not home alone when the potential buyer comes round.

Or buy a Desert Eagle and tuck it in your belt so that it's visible to your visitor. He won't mess around with you if you're packing heat
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl

Or buy a Desert Eagle and tuck it in your belt so that it's visible to your visitor. He won't mess around with you if you're packing heat

Been playing Counter Strike a little too much lately? This looks like a suggestion straight from The Pit
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by jxljxl

awesome idea but i think i'll take the poor mans way out and buy a dollar store watergun and spray paint it black >_>
Local music store - put an add up. It's more likely that someone will stumble upon it there (unaware that it sucks) and try to buy it, than online where there are 101 million waiting to tell potential buyers how sucky it is.

Some stores will buy it off you too.