This guitar, warranty and accessories cost me $515. Seeing as how its new, has new stings installed and is in perfect condition I will be wanting a price as close to 515 as possible. Seeing as how its open box, I will obviously accept some money off the retail price. Just dont try and take $100 off.

Shipping will be $25 to anywhere in the U.S.

Sunburst Stratocaster. Got it off of musicians friend in december. Failed to sell it on eBay and ended up wasting money on their stupid fees. The guitar is an MIM strat and I got 1 years worth of their gold coverage.

I also bought a line 6 spider 3 75 amp. Got gold coverage on that too. Note: the amp isnt included but if you want to buy it you can. Theres another thread for the amp.

I also want to get rid of the extras I bought with it. I got a good peg winder with built in wire cutter as well as a couple packs of strings. Theres also a good strap and well as strap locks which I never opened.

Here are some photo's:

Those photo's are the ones I took for the eBay auction.

The stuff I have did change a bit. Since I failed to sell it on eBay I decided to try and learn to play myself. I never have time to learn so the guitar just sat there except maybe 3 days where I tried to play it. One day I broke a string while tuning it. So I got rid of all the factory strings and put new ones on. So that leaves 5 out of 6 of the new sets of strings left. I also had to open the peg winder/wire cutter to put the strings on. I also cut off the tag. Other than that its still all brand new. No scratches, dents, etc.
Last edited by jaquio at Mar 19, 2008,
just edited the post to add that information. as close to $515 as possible. I am willing to negotiate a fair price as I know its open box and I used 1 of the sets of new strings.

shipping will be $25 to anywhere in the U.S.

by the way, the amp wasnt included in the price. but if you want the amp you can buy that too if you want.
you able to ship to london?

im interested in your gear if you can..
blood i
Last edited by blood i at Mar 19, 2008,
not for anything bro, but your standard strat plus all the accessories will not realistically feth 515$. hell, even if it was new, you got ripped off if you payed that much. i'm honestly not trying to sound like an ass, but i would suggest lowering your price considering standard strats at MOST will run you $430. just a thought. good luck with the sell

Rob
Quote by blood i
you able to ship to london?

im interested in your gear if you can..

It would probably cost a lot. Not really sure how much it would cost to ship a guitar to London. But yeah if you're up for paying the shipping fee I don't really care where it goes.

Quote by rjmck4883
not for anything bro, but your standard strat plus all the accessories will not realistically feth 515$. hell, even if it was new, you got ripped off if you payed that much. i'm honestly not trying to sound like an ass, but i would suggest lowering your price considering standard strats at MOST will run you $430. just a thought. good luck with the sell

Rob

it was $399 for a strat, $429.99 for the sunburst. The accessories were like $45 for the strings, strap, strap locks and wire cutter. So uh, no, I didn't get ripped off. You just forgot to figure in the price for the warranty that my guitar will come with.
Last edited by jaquio at Mar 20, 2008,
^ Do you have proof that the warranty is transferable? most of them are not.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
not to be a dick...but if you want to sell the guitar, you should do the leg work. thanks.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
The information was on the home page of musicians friend. But if you're too lazy to click a link... well heres what it says... then again I could have just typed this.

"Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold."
Last edited by jaquio at Mar 20, 2008,
most of us can walk into Guitar Center or where ever and lay down $400.00 and walk out with the same guitar brand new and with a 30 day return policy.

I just saw one at $329.99 used at Sam Ash and I could try it before I buy it.

The Gold Plan isn't worth anything, since most people wouldn't buy it in the first place.

Acessories? I have strings straps and peg winders.

I know you want to get close to the $515.00 + $25.00 shipping, but you are never gonna sell it at that price.

good luck.
I'm not asking for $515. I said as close to $515 as possible. And that 30 day return policy is for broken merchandise. It doesnt cover basic damage from stuff like dust, heat, or simply playing it too hard. And not only is the plan I have 1 year, but near the end of your plan you could simply say it doesnt sound as good as the day I bought it (aging/faulting electronics) and you will get a brand new strat for free, no joke.

And I have some one local that may buy everything for $480 in a few days (they even gave me $50 to hold it for a few weeks) so I may not have to worry about dealing online. People online always try and give ****.
Quote by jaquio
I'm not asking for $515. I said as close to $515 as possible. And that 30 day return policy is for broken merchandise. It doesnt cover basic damage from stuff like dust, heat, or simply playing it too hard. And not only is the plan I have 1 year, but near the end of your plan you could simply say it doesnt sound as good as the day I bought it (aging/faulting electronics) and you will get a brand new strat for free, no joke.

And I have some one local that may buy everything for $480 in a few days (they even gave me $50 to hold it for a few weeks) so I may not have to worry about dealing online. People online always try and give ****.

yes, damage from dust and heat will happen if you never play your ****ing guitar and let it sit in a corner near your radiator for 10 years, which is i guess what you were planning to do with it.

congradulations on getting someone dumb enough to buy it when he can get one for $200.

also, a guitar isn't a ****ing car, they don't get worse with age, so what you said actually is a joke.

and why the hell would someone give you $50 to hold something they have not decided on getting? $50 is by the way, 1/4 the price he could pay to buy the damn thing outright.
Last edited by misunderbirds at Mar 21, 2008,
You know where to get these guitars for $200? Then thousands of people got ripped off. Oh wait, you're an idiot. The guitars aren't $200.

And what do you mean $50 for something they don't plan on getting? Ofcourse he plans on buying it. Hence the reason he gave me partial payment to hold it for him, AKA not selling it to some one else.

And yeah, I was going to let my guitar sit near a radiator. Oh wait, some people lightly damaged their guitars by simply storing it in a hot closet.

You're an idiot.

And BTW, I didn't suggest a price to the guy. My friend knew him and came over to look at it. We took the guitar over to a shop called keller music which is right across the street from me. Did a comparison with the same exact model new. The store owner thought I bought the guitar just a few days ago.

This is why I hate dealing online. So many people think they can scam a seller by telling them their new guitar is now only worth half the price. Ive had some really good local players help me buy the guitar. I had the same people look at it before putting it up online. Every single one of them couldn't tell the difference between mine and a brand new one. And I'm a power seller on eBay. I sell ****loads of paintball gear, have over 2000 feedback. I know how people try to deal online. People like you are all over the place. OMG! Like no way! New! Awesome! And hes not a retail store so I can probably make him think its only half the price!! OMG!

This is by far the worst set of forum responses I got out of all I posted at. You people just try and try to make it look like I should sell this great new guitar for a mere couple hundred. Yeah, right. Not to mention the "line 6 sucks" and "yeah right, you tried to play for a long while you just realized your gear sucks. SPAM I got in my amp thread.
sorry dude, you're the idiot, considering i am holding in my hands is i type this a MIM 50th anniversary strat which i bought for $200 + case.

why are you here telling people what price to pay for your guitar when you know jack
**** about guitars and can't even play a ****ing C chord?

NOBODY GIVES A **** HOW NEW YOUR GUITAR LOOKS. IF IT'S OUT OF THE BOX IT'S USED YOU MOTHER****ER.

**** off.
Last edited by misunderbirds at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by jaquio
...people think they can scam a seller by telling them their new guitar is now only worth half the price...

That's the way it works. Regardless of how little it's been used, it's second hand.
I bought a thousand dollar guitar this January for $400 because it was second hand.
EDIT: Guy above me hit the nail on the head (as much as he swore like a sailor ). Kudos.
Dude you are a prick but seriously your scamming him what kind of person would do that. Did you just register to sell that? I think you should have a good darn look at your self you are obviously scamming him

EDIT: excuse me punctuation

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Mar 22, 2008,
NOT MEANING TO JACK THIS THREAD........BUT

i have a used guitar pick for sale. its a Dunlop Tortex .88

it was used by me only 50 times. it can be yours for only $20

i figured that if this guy can rob people then i can also. any takers?
Well he just picked it up with the rest of the money today. You can say I scammed him all you want. You don't know anything about the deal. He offered me the price, I never stated one. I mean ****, why would I turn down that offer? Would you? Seeing as how you think "the guitar is only worth $200", guess thats a no.

Being able to play a guitar has nothing to do with knowing how to sell one. Open box or not, this is a new guitar. It didn't even come in a box. What happens when you buy a guitar at guitar center? Its open box. Its most likely hanging on a wall or in a display case. And I wasn't even the one that really sold it. Yeah its mine and I got the money, but it was actually local band members (some of which are well known) that spread the word and referred the buyer.

Again, you're idiots. And the people I have showed this thread to at other music forums agree with me. So go ahead, get other people to join in on your worthless little attack. Only people on this forum are acting immature and wanting to scam people. Guess thats the reason why I just found out this forum is actually looked down on.

BTW, these MIM strat guitars that are sold as is, no returns, no warranty, with scratches, dents, chips, and are out of tune are sold for around $200. Just goes to show how much you people know. Condition doesn't matter.... yeah.... right.
Quote by jaquio

BTW, these MIM strat guitars that are sold as is, no returns, no warranty, with scratches, dents, chips, and are out of tune are sold for around $200. Just goes to show how much you people know. Condition doesn't matter.... yeah.... right.

I would hate to buy a guitar that is out of tune, I don't know what I would do with it.
this is clearly a wind up as no one could possibly be this stupid.

sir, i applaud you. you got us good.