i f***ed up and took all the strings off on my floyd rose when i was changing them instead of changing one string at a time, and now it's like the whole damn thing is stuck and i have to push the bar down and tighten the strings tight as hell to raise the bridge up and the B and E strings are fretting out and won't even play, does anyone know how to fix this problem? any advice would be appreciated big time

Thanks-
Wow ... that sucks.
Put an eraser or a 9V battery to hold up the bridge while you fix the strings.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by iTzMaTT
Wow ... that sucks.
Put an eraser or a 9V battery to hold up the bridge while you fix the strings.

thanks i'll give that a shot
Quote by athlete1
pray and maybe you can part the trem like moses...

that made me laugh so hard!
Restring it completely and it'll be fine, it'll just might take you about an hour to get it in tune.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Next time you restring a floyd, first replace the low E string, then the high E string, then the A, then the B, then the D and finally the G. So don't take off all the strings in one time, do it one string at a time.
That's the fastest way without having to spend lot of time retuning.
So the whole thing has dropped off the posts and into the cavity? I did that once. I just put some of the strings on (the thicker ones) and tightened them a little at a time while holding the unit in the slots on the posts until it could stay there by itself.
Quote by Pikka Bird
So the whole thing has dropped off the posts and into the cavity? I did that once. I just put some of the strings on (the thicker ones) and tightened them a little at a time while holding the unit in the slots on the posts until it could stay there by itself.

Or just use the tremolo bar to straighten the floyd, and put a spoon between the floyd and the guitar body. Use a sock or something not to damage the body & paint.
thanks for all the advice....i finally got it late last nite, i ended up putting a pencil under the bridge so it would stay straight with the neck and retuned all the strings and finally the floyd stayed raised up, but i had a hell of a time tuning the strings and getting them to stay in tune.....i guess it serves me right though, it's been about 2 or 3 years since i've even touched a guitar with a floating bridge but i was in a pawnshop yesterday and seen a LTD KH-602 with nothing wrong with it for only 500 dollars, so after playing it for a few. and divebombing the hell out of it and it staying perfectly in tune i pretty much decided i had to scoop it up before someone else did. an 1100 dollar guitar for only 500 seemed like a fair deal to me...i just got too excited about cleaning and polishing it up and changing the strings so i could rip out metallica tunes all nite and TRY to play like Kirk that i forgot the one string at a time rule, but anyway it doesn't matter, it only takes one f##k up like that and you'll remember how to do it riht from now on...haha but anyway thanks for all the help guys
Quote by Ventor
Or just use the tremolo bar to straighten the floyd, and put a spoon between the floyd and the guitar body. Use a sock or something not to damage the body & paint.

Then you'd have to put it pretty far underneath the trem... I tried putting something under the rear to keep it up, but the front just dipped out of the post grooves again.