well i have wireless internet for my laptop, but i barely use it compared to my pc

but my pc doesnt have a wireless card, its hooked up via router and ethernet cables

if i put in a wireless card such as the Linksys Wireless-G PCI card with SpeedBooster will i be able to get a wireless signal?

Sorry if its a newb question
Quote by smb
Why do you want your desktop to use the wireless when it's fine plugged in?

i hate the wires sticking out of the back of it...idk im a clean freak and my parents got wireless to get rid of all the wires running around the house
If you hate the wires sticking out of your computer or if your wireless router is in a different room than your PC then get a wireless card for your Desktop. nothing fancy. as i didn't feel a major boost in speed with this so called SPEEDBOOSTER.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
If you hate the wires sticking out of your computer or if your wireless router is in a different room than your PC then get a wireless card for your Desktop. nothing fancy. as i didn't feel a major boost in speed with this so called SPEEDBOOSTER.

thats the kind of answer im looking for! thanks man
Quote by LSC300
i hate the wires sticking out of the back of it...idk im a clean freak and my parents got wireless to get rid of all the wires running around the house

Well go for it then.
Quote by LSC300
thats the kind of answer im looking for! thanks man

just make sure your router has wireless capabilities or you will never get a signal.

EDIT: nevermind i remebered you said you use you're laptop's wireless internet so you obviously have a router with wireless
anyways here's a wireless card that should get the job done just fine

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4907361?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Mar 19, 2008,