What is the shortest enlistment time for a RegForce soldier?
Thanks.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by guylee
there's a canadian military?

Ask your army who their fighting along with, numbnuts.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
Ask your army who their fighting along with, numbnuts.

◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
It really depends on your recruiter. You can get into the reserves within a couple months. I don't know if there's much more waiting to do to get into the Regs.

Quote by i have to pee

Well they're not going to get battleships into the rivers of Afghanistan.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I'm fairly certain we're not involved in Iraq, just Afghanistan.

Might be ignorant, though.
Quote by sSyLc
It really depends on your recruiter. You can get into the reserves within a couple months. I don't know if there's much more waiting to do to get into the Regs.

Well they're not going to get battleships into the rivers of Afghanistan.

He's asking what the shortest time you can serve for is, not how long it actually takes to get enlisted.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by tylerishot

No, but the US is involved in Afghanistan.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by tylerishot

There are Americans in Afghanistan. And if we were not a valuable ally in the war Americans would not have just agreed to send 1000 Marines to aid Canadians in the south.
Now can anyone answer my question?
Quote by Dreadnought
He's asking what the shortest time you can serve for is, not how long it actually takes to get enlisted.

Oh. Ask a recruiter!
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
ya it depends what occupation you want to get in. I have applied and it doesn't take very long, you just need to pass an aptitude test and a physical. And for everyone saying 'Does Canada have a military'...yes we have one and it's making a huge difference in the world, especially in Afghanistan where many soldiers have died...
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
A guy that I work with just signed up.

He's going for 4 years, and said that's the minimum.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by shpangler
ya it depends what occupation you want to get in. I have applied and it doesn't take very long, you just need to pass an aptitude test and a physical. And for everyone saying 'Does Canada have a military'...yes we have one and it's making a huge difference in the world, especially in Afghanistan where many soldiers have died...

My God, it's full of stars!
oh the minimum is 5 years i think if you join the military
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
I plan on joining infantry, if that matters.
Q. How long can I stay in the Regular Force? top

A. Your duration of service will depend on the type of contract you sign, and your suitability for military service. Normally your first contract will be for a reasonably short duration, such as three years. Once this first period of service elapses, you can normally elect to sign on for a longer period of service, or take your release from the forces. If your performance during a period of service is sub-standard, you may not be offered a subsequent contract. You can retire after 25 years of service but many people elect to stay on.

The 5 years is if you do ROTP after you finish your degree or something similar.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by ProfessorJim
Canada has a military?!

Ask the White House after 1812?!
Quote by Magero
Pfft, Canada only has a Miltary incase Alaska start's shit and America wants aide in nuking them back to the stone age.

I'm sorry, I don't speak retard.

But being from a former colony of Britain I'm sure you'd understand Canada a little, but no. You're clearly retarded.
Canadians seem to get offended when people say something like "Canada has a military?" for some reason. I'm Canadian, and i find them quite funny...

though i was very disappointed to find out Canada is staying in Afghanistan till 2012.
sup?
Quote by rickyy
I'm sorry, I don't speak retard.

But being from a former colony of Britain I'm sure you'd understand Canada a little, but no. You're clearly retarded.

You sure know how to make friends. You're welcome for the info, btw.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by rickyy
Ask the White House after 1812?!

ya if i remember my history and i do canada is the only country to ever set the white house (then green house) ablaze

also we should leave afganistan we have done more for that country than any other
NATO force there currently, our commitment is done
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by sSyLc
You sure know how to make friends. You're welcome for the info, btw.

All the info was wrong. The serving time is 3 years and Canada is staying in Afghanistan until 2011, not 12.

Thanks for nothing.
Quote by rickyy
All the info was wrong. The serving time is 3 years and Canada is staying in Afghanistan until 2011, not 12.

Thanks for nothing.

sup?
Quote by rickyy

Thanks for nothing.

Quote by sSyLc
Ask a recruiter!

Quote by sSyLc
Q. How long can I stay in the Regular Force? top

A. Your duration of service will depend on the type of contract you sign, and your suitability for military service. Normally your first contract will be for a reasonably short duration, such as three years. Once this first period of service elapses, you can normally elect to sign on for a longer period of service, or take your release from the forces. If your performance during a period of service is sub-standard, you may not be offered a subsequent contract. You can retire after 25 years of service but many people elect to stay on.

The 5 years is if you do ROTP after you finish your degree or something similar.

But by the looks of it, you're better off not joining the army. It requires a lot of teamwork and a positive mentality. Cocky douchebags like you do nothing for the team.

Quote by Drmckool
also we should leave afganistan we have done more for that country than any other
NATO force there currently, our commitment is done

If we've done so much, why not do more for the country? Don't need to answer, I just thought I'd point out that Canada has done a lot, and has the potential to do much more.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Mar 19, 2008,
You have no idea how pleased I am that the very first post in this thread made fun of Canada's military. Keep up the good work.