im getting a new guitar, and im trying to find a nice one for about 400$. i might be able to go to 450$ but not any more than that. I play hard rock, blues, and a little bit of metal. there both nice guitars but i would like to know which one is better quality for playing my type of music. If you think theres a guitar thats better in quality then either of these for 450$ (new or used i dont care) please let me know. thanks! I'd also appreciate all links for teles or les pauls that are good deals.

crazy

EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD 430$
Pickups: 2 Humbuckers
Hardware: Chrome
Scale: 24.75 in.
Nut Width: 1.68 in.
Neck Joint: Set
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood/Trapezoid
Binding: Body/Neck
Body Material: Mahogany/Alder
Top: Maple
Finishes: Ebony

MIM FENDER TELECASTER $?
Bridge: Standard 6-Saddle String-Thru-Body Bridge
Machine Heads: Fender/Ping Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply White
Scale Length: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
Width at Nut: 1.650 in. (42 mm)
Unique Features: Vintage Styling
Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042)
Accessories: Standard Gig Bag
Body: Alder
Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Modern 'C' Shape,(Satin Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5 in. Radius (241mm)
No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
Pickups: 2 Hot Standard Tele(R) Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge)
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

(this is the standard american version)
les paul more suited to ur style then tele..but people will say ibanez
Damien Rice === Legend
as much as i love my epi les paul ultra, im dying for a tele, and the mim fenders are very high quality for their price, id go with the tele

edit: itd be very good for the rock, and blues, but teles in metal is kinda of a controversial subject here
guitar guy what do you mean people will say ibanez? i would play mostly like rage against the machine, guns n roses, acdc, led zeppelin, stuff like that.
kind of controversial in metal

john5?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Mar 19, 2008,
i got a used Epi Les Paul for about $250, i find it pretty good for metal, rock, and a little blues, but i'd go to a shop and try both out before buying.
mmmm i dont have a shop nearby to compare them >.< i have a friend with a new epi les paul that he got for like 700$ and i have a friend who got a used highway 1 tele for 450$ but i dunno if those are really comparable because these are both cheaper then what they have
tele would be sweet for that. While Slash always used a les paul, nobody noticed izzy in the background chugging away on his teles and lps
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by crazywhiteboi94
guitar guy what do you mean people will say ibanez? i would play mostly like rage against the machine, guns n roses, acdc, led zeppelin, stuff like that.

he meant theres alot of ibanez fan(boys) here., and some will disregard your choices and tell you to get an ibanez no matter what

but those are just the fanboys

anyway i still would deffinatly go with the tele, epis have a tendancy to be hit or miss
Why not try an Ibanez Jetking or AR*? I'm no Ibanez fanboy, but they do make a quality product for a good price, and not all of them have the toothpick Wizard necks.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Why not try an Ibanez Jetking or AR*? I'm no Ibanez fanboy, but they do make a quality product for a good price, and not all of them have the toothpick Wizard necks.

Jetking is a big no go! I played one a couple years ago and I was quite unsatisfied to say the least... I was actually quite surprised because generally Ibanez guitars are pretty decent (not really the guitar company for me though).

Out of these I would definitely say the Tele... they feel great while you're playing them and they have amazing tone!
^ Oh, hmm... I've been interested in the Omar Rodriguez Lopez Jetking. I hope it's not a disappointment... Although, if it is, I might down my sorrows with an eBayed Squier Cyclone and/or(cost dependent) Jagmaster.

Anyways, Ibanez makes some nice LP copies, the AR* models. Some are single-cuts and some are doubles, either way, they're worth trying before you buy the Epiphone or the Fender.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
^ Oh, hmm... I've been interested in the Omar Rodriguez Lopez Jetking. I hope it's not a disappointment... Although, if it is, I might down my sorrows with an eBayed Squier Cyclone and/or(cost dependent) Jagmaster.

Anyways, Ibanez makes some nice LP copies, the AR* models. Some are single-cuts and some are doubles, either way, they're worth trying before you buy the Epiphone or the Fender.

yea, they do make quality guitars, and sry if you mistook my post for saying that anyone that suggests ibanez is a fanboy, that wasnt my intention

the AR models are pretty nice

and TS deffinatly have a look around if you can before u buy, its a big decision

id still go with the tele tho
From the two guitars I would say the Tele. Better quality than the Epi and versatile enough for what you play.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
out of the two, i think the epiphone suits your tastes better
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

i'm a Fender fan but i'd say the Les Paul would be good for the music you play

humbuckers are delicious!
The Les is better for your style. Especially since you play a little metal, but also because an LP would be better for rock. An Epiphone LP at that price range would just be a mistake though. Go with Agile, like an above poster stated. Agiles sound, look, feel.. hell they probably even taste better. They have the new Dauntless series out too, which have EMG-HZs or Duncan Designed pickups. Plus with those awesome finishes, they are the best LPs not named Gibson in my opinion.

I've had 2 Epiphones, an LP and a Dot Studio. The Dot things go way wrong in the first month, so I returned it. The LP is still sitting in a gig bag in my bedroom, untouched for many months.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert