ive owned a tube amp for a while and my friend just started playing guitar bought a spidper 3 amp 75 watt................. dam i wanted to cover my ears. the cleans are so muffled and every distortion channel sounds exactly the same. there are a few cool settings but nothing spectatular. im amazed someone is allowed to sell an amp this bad........ i used to say they sucked before i played the amp, but after playing it im glad i said it.
I think there alright amps for like a beggener who needs something loud to play at someones backyard. Its a good amp for teens if you cant afford the expensive **** and you really dont care about tone and all you want to do is sound loud and descent then its great its not as bad as people make it seem.
Now the MG is another story.

You make it sound like its barely usable or not usable at all.
^na its not even worth it for a beginner. they should get cubes or vox's which are the best for solid state.......... havent played the MG but i know its horrible.
Yeah, back when I actually owned one, I thought it sounded alright atleast, but after I spent 6 months on my peavey classic and going back on one, I couldn't even play it, it was that bad.
Same with my friend, I actually sold him my old spider, and he recently got a little giant, and he says he won't go back to SS. EVER.
I have taught him well, since I helped him shop for an amp .
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Spiders are probably the best Beginner amp, but nothing more than for beginners. After owning or playing an all-tube amp, nothing compares, especially not a digital SS amp.
yah but you know what i mean.
Its really a toy(the spider), a good toy, when compared to your little giant and you give to a teen and you tell him ok cool your ganna play with your band and people are starting to pay to come in we got two amps a little giant or a Spider 75 212 which amp is ganna cut it.
No PA no effect boxes, none of that **** its just some guys backyard and hes throwin a party and chargin people to come in because hes got beer. what amp are you ganna choose.
Thats what a spider is for.
Yeah...
But, the price which you would spend on a spider new, you could have gotten a roland cube or vox valvetronix.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
look in my opinion there really is no comparison in a roland cube or spider.
because i really wouldnt give a **** wich one you give me if im playing metal or punk.
in fact the cleans on the cube are more dreadful when turned up.
but when it comes to cleans and rock ill chose the vox anyday
my point is its not as bad i think as people make it out to be of course with hours of playing any low end SS amp is ganna sound like **** Roland , Vox, Spider as your ears get developed.
For what they are there not horrible you just play them for a while and then if you stick to practicing guitar you upgrade.
Dude, it was funny. Yesterday it was funny, my friend told me that got a 'line 6' amp, and i knew that he was talking about a spider.
and then he was like dude it sounds so awesome, it sounds so clear. I just shook my head and giggled.
And he was like dude why is that funny? because i cant afford a 600 dollar tube amp. And i just said no, i just hate the spider .
pointless i say.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer