I play it. It's the best instrument to bring places, because its easy to play, so when people ask you to play it, you can't make a total ass of yourself. and acustic/electric ukes?

what other uke musings does the pit have?
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
my first live gig was a ukulele duet with a friend...
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
my bass player just bought a ukelele to throw into the mix in our jamband/skacore/punktastic/funk/reggae/indie band
should be interesting
I'm stoked
i play the uke. i had one and i sat on it and broke it. i was in such a bad mood for like 2 weeks until i decided to buy a new one.
Quote by SOADisdabest
look up my uncle on Youtube, his names Sione Aleki, amazing Ukelele player

damn, he is good.
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
my dad makes reproductions of 30's era martin ukuleles for a living. so i can play, and it is fun. theyre just the coolest little instruments. much easier to just bs and have it sound good than a guitar. you can pick up a uke without ever playing it and be having fun in minutes. good times.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by brentonlatour
i play the uke. i had one and i sat on it and broke it. i was in such a bad mood for like 2 weeks until i decided to buy a new one.

brentonlatour is an emo ukulele breakin dude.
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

good call, i was gonna post that if someone hadn't yet
i saw him when he played conan not too long ago, it was amazing
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Look up seeso on youtube. He's my favorite, with all his modern rock covers.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Ukes are great. I love mandolins, too. Both are very small and portable. Mandos are a pain in the ass to tune, though. I'd love to see a mandolin-ukelele duet.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by ledhead67
Ukes are great. I love mandolins, too. Both are very small and portable. Mandos are a pain in the ass to tune, though. I'd love to see a mandolin-ukelele duet.

the 8-string uke? punk ass bitches.
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
I'm deciding whether or not to buy an uke. I also would like to buy some recording hardware so I can record from my amp to my computer, and I can't decide which is more important.
Ukes seem fun, but it just doesn't seem like I'd be able to play much, as a blues guitarist. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

EDIT: Whoa, nvm. I watched that uke vid of the guy playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and was blown away! So I searched for "ukulele blues" or something like that, and there were tons of videos of guys playing hendrix or zeppelin or cream on the uke. I think I'll get one now
Last edited by rush5757 at Mar 19, 2008,
Theres a tongan kid running around my school with those. I never see him without it.
Quote by rush5757
I'm deciding whether or not to buy an uke. I also would like to buy some recording hardware so I can record from my amp to my computer, and I can't decide which is more important.
Ukes seem fun, but it just doesn't seem like I'd be able to play much, as a blues guitarist. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

i know a blues guitarist who always plays my uke, I would say get the uke, man!!!
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false
Quote by Isaacshreds
my first live gig was a ukulele duet with a friend...

No wai!?!?!

At battle of the bands a couple of nights ago, this kid named Linkin played the Uke while some other guy jammed out on the acoustic and sang.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
What's the tuning? Does it have special strings or can you use guitar strings on it?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
the tuning is G-C-E-A. It uses nylon strings which are much smaller than guitar strings, so you're going to have to get separate strings for it. I recommend a Martin uke if you can get one, they sound amazing!
the below is true
-----------------------
the above is false