Im looking to maybe buying this guitar. http://tinyurl.com/2mkwt6

This guy usually has a lot of those epiphone silverburst that go pretty cheap cause of broken necks. Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix something like this?

Would all I really need to do is get some clamps, wood glue, wood filler to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by xile at Mar 19, 2008,
u can get a NEW neck for like $200 depending on who u get it from
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
ee thats a toughie, barely any glueing surface. What i would do in that situation i put the headstock on the eeck in the correct place. , tape it, clamp it whatever.

at a steep angle, drill from the headstock into the neck with a 3/16 or 1/8 bit, an get 3/16 or 1/8 HARD WOOD dowell from the store. make sure not to go through the fingerboard or hit the truss rod. then you are going to want to put glue on the crack, and in the dowell holes, dowell it up, clamp it every which way you can, and let it sit for 2 or 3 days. use titebond, or elmers wood glue. DONT USE GORILLA GLUE.

that should hold it enough for it to last a few years. you could use steel dowell and itwould last forever, as long as you do it right. at a repair shop that would cost about 90-110 bucks with no finish work.

edit :
to think about it, if you cn be really really precise... you cuold drill a 90 degree dowell in the neck, and if you could ill up into the headstock to match the dowells in the neck so that it will sit perfectly, that would be ideal. just not easy.
Last edited by LP Addict at Mar 19, 2008,