what head should i use?

marshall super lead 100 watt or crate 1200H head.

i been using a line 6 ax2 212 amp and i used it the other day and when i turned it up it sounded pretty bad.

is that normal too?

but my main question is what head is better?

genre of music is rock/alternative
Holy. ****.

The Marshall will sound better far and away, but you need to crank it loud for crunch. Buy a Powerbrake with it and you should be golden. Get an OD pedal if you wanna coax metal from it.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that the Marshall is more trouble because you have to crank it to get it to sound good, have good tubes, replace the tube so often, roll back your volume for cleans, possibly use an OD pedal, and it costs more, but it sounds about 12 times better. The Super Lead 100 is classic roar.

And to answer your question about the Line 6: if the speakers are cheap, which I'm sure they are, then yes, that is normal.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Last edited by Mo Jiggity at Mar 19, 2008,
well heres what i got.

i have a hot plate. that i never use i just need to figure out how to use it.

i have a boss me 50, ibanez flanger, cry baby 535Q wah.

idk if that would help more. i know i seem like a noob but i just never use the marshall.
How is that even a question???
The Marshall.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
How is that even a question???
The Marshall.

Hey, there are numerous problems with owning vintage amps worth thousands of dollars...

I don't blame him for considering another. The Marshall will certainly sound better, but that's all it has on the Crate besides maybe some volume. That said he could certainly look at a more respectable brand of amplifiers, but that's just my opinion.

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Les Paul + Super Lead = Rock

My opinion at least

And not to be a dick but this is an actual Super Lead and not a 100 watt MG? Just checking...
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Les Paul + Super Lead = Rock

My opinion at least

And not to be a dick but this is an actual Super Lead and not a 100 watt MG? Just checking...

I dunno... I think both would sound extremely pwnage. Honestly though I don't dig Les Pauls much since they're rather inefficiently built guitars.

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
theres tubes.

i know that.

on front next to the on and standby switch it says mk II

so thats a big help to u.
Awesome then! I can recall someone on another forum before thinking they had a Plexi and it turned out to be a MG, that's why I was asking. Enjoy it... I'd suggest putting the attenuator to use or buy ear plugs
lol.

i think im going to use the hot plate to make sure i can play at a low volume but get that high volume sound.

my dad is coming over tomorrow so we are going to restring the gibson les paul and put new tubes in it.

now my problem is going to be how to get a clean sound then get a rock sound on that amp.
theres always a up and a down lol.
^Crank it, and just use your guitar's volume to control overdrive level.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^
ok will try that when i put the new tubes in.

what u guys think is better

using the marshall cabinet that came with the head or try to use a different cabinet like Kustom or Crate.

the crate is a stero cabinet
the kustom is a cabinet i got for cheap but it's still good.

all of them are 4 by 12.

oh and the head only has one output ,