Sup, everybody!!! Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me out. Whenever I play above the twelve on my guitar, it, quite frankly, sounds like crap. I wanted to know if it was a problem with my guitar, my amp, or if I'm just using the wrong effects. It doesn't matter what guitar i use, so I was thinking it was my amp. Do I need a better guitar, or am I just doing something wrong? I was just hoping somebody would be able to give me advice on pedals or a nice technique to use, if any exists.

intonation is probably out, would have nothing to do with amps or effects.
Take it into your local music shop and get the intonation and string height checked, most places will do it for free
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
he said it happens with different guitars. so unless the intonation is off on all of the guitars he plays....sounds fishy.

Masmal, maybe you could be a little more descriptive than "sounds like crap"
I mean are the notes buzzing, sounding off pitch, dying out quickly or what?
but if hes had all the guitars for ages and never had the intonation done that could be the problem, or maybe he just sucks at playing high notes ?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i'm guessing that they all started to have that problem at the same time. with pressure changes and changing weather, especially if you live in canada the neck will warp and tighten or loosen up since were changing seasons soon i'm 95% sure its ur truss rod you need to loosen it give it a 1/4 turn to the left. see what happens... it'll sound like it should...great
Last edited by AC-DC luva at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by AC-DC luva
its ur truss rod you need to loosen it give it a 1/4 turn to the left. see what happens... it'll sound like it should

This is complete bull**** don't listen to this!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Sounds like a weak solid state amp...

Youre losing all of your volume at the higher frets?

IF so..you need to go tube...

It could also be your fingering..alot of us used to lose volume
at the higher frets. You also need to try to find the right angles
to approach the string at.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Mar 21, 2008,