Hey,
I am looking to buy a new amp. I just need an amp that will satisfy me till about the middle of summer when I can invest in a solid amp. I want to spend around $300 CAD, the lower the better but willing to spend around the $300 mark.

I mainly play stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers and classic rock. Sometimes I will play a bit of stuff like metallica.

I don't plan on gigging or anything. I usually just jam in my room so I don't need anything too loud.

I currently have a Fender MIM Strat. I was looking at the Vox AD30VT... any opinions on that? All suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks
Blackheart little giant.
Hands down, if you're going to be investing in a better amp later.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^Ja, Blackheart Little Giant.
Won't do metallica by itself though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
youre going to spend $300 to tide you over until summer? I would just wait and buy a better amp then...
The Vox is a pretty good amp, might want to check out the Vox XL series as well.
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Ja, Blackheart Little Giant.
Won't do metallica by itself though.

True...
Blackheart and bad monkey?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The Vox is good for stuff like Chili Peppers and classic rock. But the XL series is better for metal from what I've read. I've heard that the Blackheart has a killer tone as it's a true tube amp, but I think it's around 5W, so it'd be purely for bedroom noodling.
Don't settle for crap. Save your money and put it toward whatever you're getting this summer.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Don't settle for crap. Save your money and put it toward whatever you're getting this summer.

I was hoping to buy an amp now and try to sell it later. Do you guys think that would be a good idea or should I just wait it out?

As for the Blackheart, I am going to go around to some of the local stores around here this weekend but I am not sure if the Blackheart amps have reached Canada yet.

Thanks for the replies. More suggestions are welcomed.
Quote by steez03
I was hoping to buy an amp now and try to sell it later. Do you guys think that would be a good idea or should I just wait it out?

You're only jamming in your room and stuff like that, so wait it out. I think most musicians have plenty of stories from when they settled for crap only to sell it a few months later. Honestly, it's not worth it. Even if you do decide to sell it, you won't sell it as fast as you'd like and you won't get your money back. Use it toward what you really want. Summer really isn't that far off. It's up to you though.
If you want to spend even less, just get the VJ combo and a pedal. You'll probably end up keeping it as a backup.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD