What's the difference between the Mesa F30 and Mesa F50 besides the wattage? Do they have different tubes? If so, how do they compare? Can a Mesa F30 be made to be louder than an F50 by adding an extension cabinet?
more speakers =\= more volume.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
f50 has 6l6 tubes and the f30 has something else i can't remember what tho
My Gear:
Dean Dixie Rebel
Esp-Ltd Viper-400
Ibanez Ael-20e
Mesa/Boogie F-50
For starters, the F-30 is loaded with two EL34's and the F-50 has two 6L6's. Other than that, you really have to try them out for yourself to hear the difference. To me, the F-50 sounds better. Why are you so concerned with how loud the amps are? 30 watts is going to be more than enough for whatever you're doing at the time.

You've been all over the place with amps lately. You really need to try these out yourself to figure out what suits your style.
Yeah I know. I found a pawn shop that's carrying a Mesa F30 and a F50. Lucky me.
Last edited by neon10th at Mar 19, 2008,
Im interested as well. The difference in tubes, is it large? Is the F50 warmer than the 30 as Ive heard the 6L6s are warmer than the EL34s, and even then, you can switch tubes if wanted right?
Yeah, I asked in the post above you if you could switch tubes, but I took it out because I thought it was a really stupid question lol. So, can't you switch the tubes and make the F30 sound like an F50?
Quote by Guitarmiester
For starters, the F-30 is loaded with two EL34's and the F-50 has two 6L6's. Other than that, you really have to try them out for yourself to hear the difference. To me, the F-50 sounds better. Why are you so concerned with how loud the amps are? 30 watts is going to be more than enough for whatever you're doing at the time.

You've been all over the place with amps lately. You really need to try these out yourself to figure out what suits your style.

wrong....

EL-84's
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Completely different amps. Wattage, and # of speakers, should have nothing to do with your decision. I would go with the F-50, for 6L6 tones.

I believe the F-30 is more suited to classic rock with EL84s.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Brendan.Clace
wrong....

EL-84's

Calm down. I doubt most people even know the difference between EL34's and EL84's anyway. From the looks of it, you don't know the difference either.

Depending on your situation, 84's may be more suitable. The threadstarter is always worried about wattage and an extension cab for some reason, so this may be useful to him. There's a few differences between 34's and 84's that I've noticed. 84's are lower output tubes than 34's. You're not going to be getting as much power with 84's, but they produce more mids and high end than 34's. The downside, 84's lack low end.
Excuse me? Don't know the difference?

I was simply commenting in regards to your ignorance as to not confuse the TS. And the 84's have NO lack of low end whatsoever. My buddies F30 screams with low end crunch, and cutting mids... his highs are not as good as a good set of 34's, but what can you do....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Calm down. I doubt most people even know the difference between EL34's and EL84's anyway. From the looks of it, you don't know the difference either.

Depending on your situation, 84's may be more suitable. The threadstarter is always worried about wattage and an extension cab for some reason, so this may be useful to him. There's a few differences between 34's and 84's that I've noticed. 84's are lower output tubes than 34's. You're not going to be getting as much power with 84's, but they produce more mids and high end than 34's. The downside, 84's lack low end.

they basically sound the same for the most part though

Quote by Brendan.Clace

I was simply commenting in regards to your ignorance as to not confuse the TS. And the 84's have NO lack of low end whatsoever. My buddies F30 screams with low end crunch, and cutting mids... his highs are not as good as a good set of 34's, but what can you do....

Ignorance? He mixed up el34's and el84's. Why dont you go castrate him now since it was such a huge offense
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Brendan.Clace

My ignorance? Sorry I don't have every tube amps tube specs. memorized.

Well, you said I was wrong and didn't go on to say one thing about the difference between 34's and 84's to help the TS, so I did. 84's do lack low end, but that doesn't mean there's going to be no low end at all.