I have owned a couple of them and all of them had better value than my strat, one of my ibanez', my kramer.

They have beautiful woods, their necks are awesome, and they sound WAY better than the competition stock. I have three washburns and they can be placed against the best values at twice the price, and even some at 3 to 4 times the price as is the case with the hb30.

Why?
probably because they're pretty much unknown

i have one and i love it
NEW BTBAM 2009

NEW NECROPHAGIST 2009

NEW NILE 2009

NEW BEHEMOTH 2009

Have Xbox Live?
Gamer Tag: BehemothCm
I agree, the necks on those things are so fast, you can get a pretty diverse range of tones, with mine you can switch the pickups from single coil to humbucker. The only problem i ever had with mine was the input jack kept coming loose, but a little crazy glue fixed that.
True all my guitars had that jack issue which is reeally annoying. I also used glue. Other than that I dont get it. By the way, do you guys know what is the best shred guitar they make. I think im gonna get one.
theyre pretty sick....great tones out of them thats for sure. my friend has one with a laney and it sounds great.

i think you dont hear about them much because a lot of people come on here asking about big name brands, and washburn isnt a big name.

most kids come here after hearing their friend play cemetary gates on their ULTRA COOL dean razorback and want to ask about them.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
One of my next guitars will probally be a Washburn... I think there not well known because you never see them in gutiar shops so people cant get there hands on them.. Also everything i have read there dime issues but deans to shame..

Check out this site to see the sickest washburns around..
http://www.boogiestreet.com/boogieboard/viewforum.php?f=20

Heres a taste, this is there boogiebolt...

Washburn's are very underated....

People forget where the original Dime sig guitar came from...Have Dean ever come up with their own design of guitar????
yeah, it's just a shame they don't make the proper, wanye's world style superstrats anymore, but not alot of guitar companies do.
Probably because tubadude doesn't post much anymore
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
They are pretty well known here in the states, Chicago specifically, more for acoustics than electrics. But I am working on a friends Wash elec now, its an early 90's model entry level something. I have an elec/acoustic that is very nice, cheap too but that's because I am.
I love the Idol models. I'll probably get flamed for this, but Joe from Fall Out Boy has a Washburn, and it's gorgeous. If anything, he has good taste in guitars.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
I love the Idol models. I'll probably get flamed for this, but Joe from Fall Out Boy has a Washburn, and it's gorgeous. If anything, he has good taste in guitars.

i kid i kid

He may have a nice guitar but that doesn't mean he can play it as nice
Quote by fergus74
Washburn's are very underated....

People forget where the original Dime sig guitar came from...Have Dean ever come up with their own design of guitar????

Dime drew up the designs and gave them to Dean before he died.. Plus.. Dean has come up with plenty of their own designs. Cadillac and Hardtail?

That said.. Washburns are nice. There are a few at my local store. Their acoustics are nice too.
I have a Shadow Series (Strat knock-off) I bought over ten years ago and was never too impressed with it. Maybe the newer ones are better, but mine always had problems staying in tune because of crappy tuners and a horrible trem.

I did like the neck though, it was a bit thinner then the Strats I had tested and it didn't have any playability issues after I had a partial re-fret done under warranty (the 12th and 13th frets were lifting after three months.) It had some problems later in it's life because I didn't store it properly for a few years.

Eventually I tore it apart, put some new hardware on, and now it plays nicely (still needs a little adjustment once everything settles in though.) Here's what I've hacked it into so far: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800537 . I still have to decide on finish. During the tear-down I found out it was a four-piece body so I must have purchased a really cheap model. :lol:
Because you can''t find them in GC and Sam Ash... That and as mentioned, the fact Dime doesn't play them probably has something to do with it, even though their Dimes were MUCH better guitars than the crap Dean turns out now. Good pickups and trems even on the cheaper models. Their current guitars are pretty good, but are made over in China/Korea and quality is kind of a question mark. Their finishes aren't too great in terms of quality and neither is the hardware they put on. I'm sure now we'll see a new phase of people saying the X33 is the best guitar for the buck again
Quote by CJRocker
Because you can''t find them in GC and Sam Ash... That and as mentioned, the fact Dime doesn't play them probably has something to do with it, even though their Dimes were MUCH better guitars than the crap Dean turns out now. Good pickups and trems even on the cheaper models. Their current guitars are pretty good, but are made over in China/Korea and quality is kind of a question mark. Their finishes aren't too great in terms of quality and neither is the hardware they put on. I'm sure now we'll see a new phase of people saying the X33 is the best guitar for the buck again

the sam ash near me carries washburn
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Your belief of their superiority over other brands is subjective, hence why you don't see so many of them.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I have a Washburn acoustic that I love, never really thought about their electrics, but I really haven't seen many Washburn electrics out there to try.
People are forgetting that Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme plays Washburns.
Nuno is definately a god.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
My 1st REAL guitar was a Washburn Acoustic that I still have to this day... It's a solid Top D-12 6 string that I bought 15 years ago, and it sounds freakin awsome... Whenever I go to guitar center I like to spend a little bit of time on the acoustics and I've got to say that there have been very few other acoustics that I've played that sound and play as well to me as that washburn does.. I love that guitar... it's going in my casket with me when I check out man...

To think how many hours have been spent playing that thing...... how much I've learned on it....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Quote by steven seagull
Probably because tubadude doesn't post much anymore

lol, im sure of it.

that, and i work at fender, so it would be kind of hypocritical to ***** out washburns when i make fenders.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!