Page 1 of 8
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828324

LINK to the contribution thread. Contributors must post the links to their songs in this thread! No prior signup required.

-------------------------

here we go, the UG album is finished! you can download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWPAX5OW

mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04NO74KM

if downloads don't work, here's the profile with the songs on it.

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/originalalbum/music/

also, sign up for the next one!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816775

no idea how many people can download it without it going slow or some weird thing like that, but we work with what we have, do we not? I'd like to give a BIG thanks to all of the contestants, winners or not. All of your pieces had potential, and I strongly urge the losers to try again in the NEXT COMPETITION, which I will be starting tomorrow or the day after. If you were a winner and consequently never got your song to me in time, you can either get it automatically put on the second album, or you can choose to enter as a contestant again with a different song. All winners here can enter in the next competition, but they must use a different song.; same goes for the losing songs. If anyone'd like to hyperlink the download in their sigs or something, that'd be much appreciated, as the album would be seen by more people.

Let's hope everyone can download it, and get ready for round two!
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Apr 5, 2008,
i cant wait for it to download, thanks alot man i look forward to listening to it tomorrow

as of right now, seeing as traffic is low its about a 9 minute download on cable, for 81 Megabytes, not bad
Quote by ratmblink123
I'm so psyched for the next one. Hope I don't lose again...

just start fresh with something you really like, and i'm sure others will get where you're coming from. good recording quality is a big factor, as well.
Shweet
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
just start fresh with something you really like, and i'm sure others will get where you're coming from. good recording quality is a big factor, as well.

Yeah, and the singing on the last one wasn't great... it's INSTRUMENTAL TIME!
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
YAY...I wasn't a part of the process in any way, but I'll have a listen!
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I wasn't really in touch with this the first time around, even though it seemed like a cool idea.

I'll have to get more into this next time. Also, I'm downloading as I type.

I think the only thing that made me not want to be apart of it the first time was because I don't have good recording materials, and I have no way of adding a rhythm section, and even if I DID have a good drum machine program and whatnot, its quality would far overshadow my shit Logitech desk mic and Audacity.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
yay. Glad to know I helped judge that.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Download in process.
Thanks to everybody who put time into making this work.

Sticky?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
So I heard Dissident is the best band on that entire album...

<<
>>
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Yes!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Joe-Fish
So I heard Dissident is the best band on that entire album...

<<
>>

i also heard their guitarist doesn't know how to turn the volume up on his guitar when he plays his live wah pedal solos.....

tiiight
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Aw, I didn't even know this was going on.

But I'm still downloading it, woo!
Who dat?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
i also heard their guitarist doesn't know how to turn the volume up on his guitar when he plays his live wah pedal solos.....

I heard we recorded in a small basement with us all playing at once from seperate ends of the room from one small microphone hanging from a ceiling.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
OMG... 15:00 left....
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quick question about the competition

Is it NECESSARY for the tracks to have drums and bass?
Wait... Glen, only the first three tracks will extract from the zip folder... what's going on?

BEDBUGS
Quote by Alex S.
Quick question about the competition

Is it NECESSARY for the tracks to have drums and bass?

No.
There's different categories for different styles of music.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

BEDBUGS
oh, and some of you are probably wondering "what's with the crazy low octave brass tunes?" well,

....... uhh..... yea.

but really, i figured the album needed SOMETHING consistent, so i put in little beginning/ending parts that are just for giggles, so the album would kinda resolve. I also had to add some slight sound effects in between vietnamistan and holden % sally, as well as in between Leviathan and a little secret, as the songs kinda ran into each other and clashed, as there wasn't enough space in between. I also had to slightly adjust the volume on some songs, as some (back in the hunt) were too quiet, and some (twangimo, we have arrived) were too loud. I had worried about that when i started the competition, and i was lucky enough to only have a few songs that were out of place volume-wise. any other questions, feel free to ask.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
oh, and some of you are probably wondering "what's with the crazy low octave brass tunes?" well,

....... uhh..... yea.

but really, i figured the album needed SOMETHING consistent, so i put in little beginning/ending parts that are just for giggles, so the album would kinda resolve. I also had to add some slight sound effects in between vietnamistan and holden % sally, as well as in between Leviathan and a little secret, as the songs kinda ran into each other and clashed, as there wasn't enough space in between. I also had to slightly adjust the volume on some songs, as some (back in the hunt) were too quiet, and some (twangimo, we have arrived) were too loud. I had worried about that when i started the competition, and i was lucky enough to only have a few songs that were out of place volume-wise. any other questions, feel free to ask.

Look up, dude.

BEDBUGS
Quote by ratmblink123
Wait... Glen, only the first three tracks will extract from the zip folder... what's going on?

you're kidding.... anyone else download it yet? are they having this problem as well?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
you're kidding.... anyone else download it yet? are they having this problem as well?

I'll try re-downloading it, but I dunno what's up with it.

BEDBUGS
I've got it downloaded...but none of the artists show up. Is there a list?
tracklisting is as follows.

01.It Begins
02.Run and Hide
03.Island Song
04.Vietnamistan
05.Holden & Sally
06.Calming Storm
07.Vengeance (The Cleansing Betrayal)
08.Dandelion Wine 3:27
09.Cops and Robbers 3:45
10.We Have Arrived
11.Leviathan
12.A Little Secret
13.Back in the Hunt
14.Into the Night
15.Struttin' Busted
16.Where Will You Go
17.Twangimo
18.Red, White and Blue
19.The End
Everything unzipped fine.
Please don't have a heart attack.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
the artists couldn't be shown in the ARTIST column, as that screws up the song order for my itunes (list my songs in 'album by year') so i figured that if it screwed mine up, it could screw others' up. i didn't want people accidentally listening to everything out of order, so the artists are simply listed under the 'composer' section.
Quote by Atomic48
Finished downloading. Everything extracted fine.

Me too.

ALSO-

UG =