I have a cheap keyboard, that I just mess with sometimes. But I want to learn how do the kind of stuff that Janne Wirman, of COB does. I know that UG is mostly for guitars and bass, but I'm sure some people on here knows how to play keyboards. Is there any exercises I could do to build up speed, strength and accuracy?
Quote by guerito
Learn Your Theory

+1

good luck dude, piano/keyboard is great to play and sounds good (especially billy joel/elton john)
Learn it. Same as any other instrument. Learn your theory, too. Also, with keys, sight reading might come in handy far more often than electric guitar.
Quote by archenemy_no.1
I have a cheap keyboard, that I just mess with sometimes. But I want to learn how do the kind of stuff that Janne Wirman, of COB does. I know that UG is mostly for guitars and bass, but I'm sure some people on here knows how to play keyboards. Is there any exercises I could do to build up speed, strength and accuracy?

Scales. Learn different scales, in different keys, using both hands, to a metronome. Also practice ascending with one hand and descending with the other.
Quote by nt1440
+1

good luck dude, piano/keyboard is great to play and sounds good (especially billy joel/elton john)

+1 for liking Elton John and Billy Joel.
Piano is mostly theory. I've been playing piano for 5 or 6 years now
and it also helps with guitar playing a lot.
The theory is the same for any Western instrument.

As far as technique goes, practice wide stretches and patterns involving all your fingers. Start slow and work up to speed.
Quote by archenemy_no.1
No Offence but you want to learn keyboard? Oh wow haha.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I've played piano for awhile. It's alot easier to learn theory on piano then on guitar because the notes are right next to each other. so learn those. Get a scale book and make sure you use proper fingering. Learn how to read notes, get a beginners adult (or child?) book for piano and off you go......
Quote by CortFan1
No Offence but you want to learn keyboard? Oh wow haha.

Be open minded for Fxck's sake. If you don't like keyboard thats fine, but don't insult others who like it, as it is a massively popular instrument and can be used in any music.