I've been hearing about B-52 A LOT lately. My friends got a combo amp that sounds pretty nice, but I haven't every really had a good hour or two of hands-on experience with one. I mean, compared to their bigger brethren of the tube persuasion, they are relatively cheap. (I have the AT-100 Half Stack in mind here) Do you get what you pay for, or is this just an overall good deal? If you own a B-52, let me know what you think of it in terms of versatility, durability, and overall sound quality. Thanks.
They're great amps. Too bad I couldnt find one around here.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
They're great amps. Too bad I couldnt find one around here.

I thought you were driving down to WA to get one???
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
I thought you were driving down to WA to get one???

All 4 stores within my range were out of stock. Pooper.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I have a B-52 AT-100 Watt running through an Avatar Cab loaded with Celestions. Well I got it for a great deal brand new and I was really weird about also but wow this thing is incerdible. Three channels and the clean has a bright switch on it. It's LOUD. the distortion goes from smooth to insane metal with a mid scoop switch which pretty much gives it a whole lot more gain and tight deep end. On the back you can choose between Class A, AB, or Soild State which really comes in handy. Overall this amp is the best tube amp you can get under a grand. It really keeps up with Mesa and VHT. Buy it.
Quote by okiedokie
I have a B-52 AT-100 Watt running through an Avatar Cab loaded with Celestions. Well I got it for a great deal brand new and I was really weird about also but wow this thing is incerdible. Three channels and the clean has a bright switch on it. It's LOUD. the distortion goes from smooth to insane metal with a mid scoop switch which pretty much gives it a whole lot more gain and tight deep end. On the back you can choose between Class A, AB, or Soild State which really comes in handy. Overall this amp is the best tube amp you can get under a grand. It really keeps up with Mesa and VHT. Buy it.

I also have the AT100 Head running through an XXL 4x12. I got it used for $550 and the tone is Br0oT4l!

I am set for life with the tone of this gain monster. I highly recommend this amp as a budget Mesa for sure.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
I have had the at100 for about a month. So far its been good as far as durability. I think it is definitely a versatile amp. Cleans are good, especially with a decent guitar. The best thing about this amp is definitely the overdrive. It can do all types of distortion, not just metal. I'm pretty pleased with my purchase so far ($430 used).
I've got that AT-212 combo, which is the exact same amp as the AT100 head, just in a 2x12 combo. I absolutely love this amp man. It's a monster in terms of tone.

The good thing about the 2x12 combo is that it's got speaker outs so you can run a cab when you need to.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
yah B-52 are real monsters if your looking into crate palomino the more high voltage ones look into these instead and youll just be taken away its far more flexible than a palomino and i think there made in the US. Not just in that it has more channels but its EQ is more sensitive.
Quote by Moose1309
If you own a B-52, let me know what you think of it in terms of versatility, durability, and overall sound quality. Thanks.

versatility - Great clean channel, 2 distortion channels (i set one for overdrive, one for heavy distortion), and an Effects loop on the footswitch that can be used as a lead boost-

Durability - I've only had it a couple of months but no problems at all

Overall Sound Quality - Between 8-10 depending on the tone you're trying to hit. I play in a band with another guitarist who uses Mesas and Marshalls and we have alot of fun comparing the three brands side by side at practice. The fact that it's comparable says enough.