DEAR PIT I HAVE A QUESTION!

For those of you who have a strat, or a guitar with a whammy bridge with a removeable back panel on your guitar,you know those springs attached to the bridge? What are they used for and a) are the needed if I NEVER use my whammy bar? and b) Will I still be able to play without them?
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
nope, its f*cked.
if its a real strat, ill take it off your hands for you.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by InsomniaRocks
replace them with rubber bands

does that actually work?
Quote by exiledsoul
nope, its f*cked.
if its a real strat, ill take it off your hands for you.

does that mean my bridge is ****ed?
Quote by dsotm73

He kinda sounded like he was being sarcastic.
Since he said if it was a real strat he'd take it off your hands.
Quote by Aus-10
He kinda sounded like he was being sarcastic.
Since he said if it was a real strat he'd take it off your hands.

thank you.
atleast there is one genious left in the world.
i was about ready to take society out behind the barn and shoot it out of pity.
however, you have restored my faith in the people of this world.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by dsotm73

and no, it does not mean your bridge is ****ed, it means youre a dumbass for believing me.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar

Quote by gsr2k6
those springs are in fact necessary. they keep the bridge flat against the guitar. the ONLY time you dont need them is when you have a tremolo block installed. it doesn't matter if you use the whammy bar or not, you NEED them. i very highly doubt the guitar will work properly without them. it would permanently damage the guitar's body to not use them. you can buy new springs or buy a tremolo lock if you dont have springs. elastics wont work
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
skvvisgaar thank you. I did fix my springs.

exiledsoul: LOL you got me there!
this thread is failure.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
They keep the bride in place after you use the whammy bar.
No, you can't play without them.
You can tighten them if you don't use the whammy bar and you want a more fixed type of bride.

Wrong Forum.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by dsotm73
DEAR PIT I HAVE A QUESTION!

For those of you who have a strat, or a guitar with a whammy bridge with a removeable back panel on your guitar,you know those springs attached to the bridge? What are they used for and a) are the needed if I NEVER use my whammy bar? and b) Will I still be able to play without them?

They are used to keep tension between the bridge and your guitar, and to keep it from just coming out.

If you never wanted to use the whammy bar, it would be best to have 5 of them. And then you need to tighten them.

No, you need them.
FAIL
springs keep tension....
im sure rubber bands can do the same
(rolls eyes)