okay, so pinch harmonics. i can do some pretty decently, but when it somes to the low strings, especally the low E and a string, i cant make a pinch harmonics sound. especally on like 3rd threads or infact, none at all. should i be doing it differently from wut i do on the higher strings? sometimes i did it in a different position (like not as close to pcik neck pick up, closer to brdige, etc) it'd make some harmoic like sounds, but none like the songs i hear where they have crazy nice pinch harmonics on low strings. any ideas?
practice practice practice...thats all it is u just have to work at it, after a while you find ur sweet spots and it just gets easier and easier and easier
Last edited by iamthedecieved at Mar 20, 2008,
just try different bending
i dont know if that helps but once in a while when im messing around i get the same problem and i do that and it helps a bit
Practice pratice.... i have found that they are easier on the low strings and you can get a much fatter and better harmonic on the low strings!!!
Quote by kyleblackflag
different bending as in bending up instead of down
or down instead of up

wrong

on lower string like your E

the harmonics are inbetween the bridge and neck pickup

and one higher sounding one is right before the bridge pickup

bending has nothing to do with harmonics
i find it easyier to just play the 3rd on the e string like a natural harmonic, then push down and bend the **** out of it.
on lower string like your E

the harmonics are inbetween the bridge and neck pickup

and one higher sounding one is right before the bridge pickup

really? for my higher strings i usually do it right below the neck pickup O.o ima try doing what you said, maybe i can get a better soudn