Page 1 of 2
i'm going to guitar center this weekend to find something in my price range, and i want to have a riff ready when i get there so i don't look like an idiot playing something stupid or cliche.

what do you guys generally play?
Stairway!!!
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
when i 1st started it was all nirvana, but then a realized i wasnt going to really improve doing that..

then again nirvana is all you hear in guitar center...that and the main riff to paranoid
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I second the stairway comment, Ignore the "NO STAIRWAY" Sign when the guy points to it! (Somebody Get This Reference)
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
play what ever you want
it doesnt matter if they think you are an idiot playing a cliche riff
im sure they have went in guitar center one time or another playing Back In Black
Go and play something you have been listening to recently, if you have any music taste at all you probably won't end up being cliche or playing something stupid..

Just my two cents..
Sir|Dalvion

Gear:

Red Epiphone SG G-310
Black Corsin Tele Copy
Sanchez Acoustic
Roland Cube 15
Roland MicroCube

New South Wales Group FTW!
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I second the stairway comment, Ignore the "NO STAIRWAY" Sign when the guy points to it! (Somebody Get This Reference)

EXTREME CLOSEUP

--

But seriously, just play whatever you will be playing at home; because even if you look like a dork what good is buying a guitar that you can only play some song you hate on
--
waynes world

Ha I was hopin somebody would remember this movie
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Waynes World!!!
Depends on the guitar. If it's a Fender, I'll typically play some Hendrix (Wait Until Tomorrow, Castles Made of Sand, Mary), RHCP (Anything from Give It Away to Tell Me Baby), and a lot of Blues improvisation. If it's something with more output, I might play some heavier riffs, such as some RATM, Zeppelin or such.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Every time I go to a store for the first time, I bust out Opeth's "Bleak" or "Deliverance". Sometimes, I'll throw in Pain Of Salvation's "Idioglossia". Frank Zappa's "Zoot Allures" is my standard for testing clean tones.

As you can tell, I make friends with employees there a lot easier than every other kid who just comes in and plays "Stairway" or "Crazy Train" for the hundredth time that day.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

wayne's world?

EDIT: damn, now i look and 2839754932749 people have already got it before me.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Waynes World!!!

PARTY TIME, ITS EXCELLENT
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage

lol,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSJGj0HUn8
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Kayfan
EXTREME CLOSEUP

WHOAAAAAOOOAAAAOOOO
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Play your own stuff.. I hate hearing the same old stuff when i go in there. Just sit down and write a good one minute riff that goes over the aspects your looking for. It sounds cooler and if you mess up who cares know one can tell because its your own stuff...
Quote by Lethal Dosage

25775379 before me. Darn!

Wayne's World FTW!!!!
Quote by shreder666
25775378* learn to count

i'm sorry i go to public school so you know i'm stupid.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
i'm sorry i go to public school so you know i'm stupid.

Ahahahaha so true
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by shreder666
well i learned to count when i started masturbating, i wanted to see how long i take

ahahhhahahahahahah
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
But EVERYONE plays Metallica and Megadeth

I try as hard as I can to avoid the cliched classic rock riffs. But if I do play anything classic, it's usually either Genesis' "The Musical Box" guitar solo or Yes' "Long Distance Runaround". Sometimes, I'll throw in some Kansas or Rush. But not "Dust In The Wind" or "2112".
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Frantic Disembowelment.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
make up your own song or riff, so then if ppl here it they will go "hey that sounds pretty good, who is that" then u can reply with "o thats just a lil thing I made up".
then emphasize on the "I" part (haha, no dont do that part or they will think your a total d-bag)
but ya make your own thing up, it'll earn u major respect points (if it sounds good)
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Meshuggah - Straws Pulled at Random, that'll get you attention
Whenever I go to any guitar store I play Smoke on the Water.. Lol jk but yeah make up your own stuff or play something from a good band that nobodys ever heard of
Fermented Offal Discharge.

My god, if you play that riff you will be turning heads.
I was in my local guitar store the other day and some kid was attempting to play Stairway, and I said to the guy that owns the store, "He's breaking the cardinal rule" and he just laughed and said "what can you do?" But I usually play stuff I like Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, improvising with pentatonic scales and what not.
I just make up some stuff, I hardly actually know any songs any way. I always play my own things.

I usually do some bluesy stuff to start out, then go into some slower minor pentatonic run to work it up, then a balls to the wall Aeolian hit-as-many-notes-in-the-scale-as-fast-as-you-can-while-being-clean style solo, then back down to the minor pentatonic, then end with chord depending on what I just played.

In the words of B.B. King "You've gotta tell a story with your guitar!"... Or something along those lines... So tell a story with it, play something that'll show who YOU are as a guitarist .

I mean I may not always crank out the best stuff but when people compliment me and ask how long I've been playing, I always get this look that's something like this: when I tell them I've been playing for about 9 months . That's why you learn music theory!

Now I just need some sort of portable recorder, for those few times I crank out really sick riffs in GC or Sam Ash lol.
Page 1 of 2