Don't know if this is the right forum this time either, but here goes...

Me and some friends came up with the wonderful idea of combining the two most popular genres in Finland; Heavy metal and tango, making Heavy Tango.

Since I know nothing 'bout tango, except for how it shall "feel"

so.. What scales/modes are mostly used? time sigs? etc. etc. etc

Thanks
You like it
I have got to move to Finland ...

Try getting sheet music for popular tango music.
It's stuff like this that makes me want to go to college in Finland in three years. You people are seriously f***ed up in a good way.
It's stuff like this that makes me want to go to college in Finland in three years. You people are seriously f***ed up in a good way.

well thank you... i think... >_>
You like it
Tango uses the same scales in general as all other genres... It's just in the matter of which you play. Obviously, you're going to want to give the scales a Merengue type feel rather then any other genre. Listen to some Tango/Merengue and familiarize yourself with the genre.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
i'll refer you to "Tango En Skai" by Roland Dyens. It's a classical piece and i believe there is a video of Dyens himself playing it on youtube. listen to it next to a tab or sheet music of the song to get an idea of what chords are used and how those chords can be used to give the song a certain mood.
For something you may recognise better, try "Roxanne" by the Police. It's the only tango in rock history, methinks. And no, it's not reggae. It's tango. Try and get the accentuated staccato notes on the back beat down, that's crucial.
Last edited by Gvictor at Mar 20, 2008,