Can someone please tell me if this would be a pretty good amp, im in a gnr tribute band, we are just starting to gig, and i don't have enough money for an all tube jcm or jvm or w/e, so i was wondering if this amp would be pretty decent for gigging small to medium venues

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-AVT100X-100W-1x12-3-Channel-Combo-Amplifier-with-DFX-482629-i1145858.gc
Last edited by Caseyizzle at Mar 20, 2008,
It should get the job done.. Play it first though and make sure YOU like how it sounds.

Also, take a look at Peavey's tube amps, they're in the same price range, and are great amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

Quote by darthalal
It should get the job done.. Play it first though and make sure YOU like how it sounds.

Also, take a look at Peavey's tube amps, they're in the same price range, and are great amps.

thanks man, at least you were nice enough to reply, ya ill check out the peavey's too i was thinking about one of them as well
It will definitely have the volume; I've never personally played one, so I can't attest to the tone, but like I said, the most important part of buying an amp is making sure you like how it sounds, so definitely play whatever you're thinking of getting before you pick one up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?

My first marshall was an AVT. You'll have plenty of volume. Are you going to be micing the amp? The tone is fine depending on your guitar. Its nothing amazing but its not bad at all. Check out those peavey's too.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.