I've got a 6262 coming in soon and have the opportunity to pick up a 1960A cab used for $500 CDN, (or a Randall R412CXM for 350) Yay or nay? Any speculation on how the combination will sound?
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Yeah, thats my plan. I'm pretty sure the guy has left the stock Celestions in it, i'd definitely want to exchange at leasts a couple of those for V30s. Whats the difference between the 1960A and the 1960B?
A has an angled front for projection upwards. B has a straight front, to focus the sound forward better.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ah, gotcha. Well im seriously thinking about picking it up. Thanks for your help, and i'd love to hear any other opinions.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Should sound fine. Plus you can always get some Vintage 30's and make you a Uber Cab...

Also I have a 1960 and love it... Good Solid Sounding cab and there road worthy..

I thought 1960A's already had V30's? And the 1960B has G12T75's. Or am I mistaken?
Quote by Ventor
I thought 1960A's already had V30's? And the 1960B has G12T75's. Or am I mistaken?

Both have G12T75's. Only difference is like stated above slant cab vs non slant cab.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Both have G12T75's. Only difference is like stated above slant cab vs non slant cab.

Ok then which marshall cabs have V30'S? The lead models?
1960AV (and BV I'd assume).
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Quote by soccerdude3465
1960AV (and BV I'd assume).

Oh ok I didn't know there were also non-vintage 1960's out there
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, the standard 1960 comes with the G12-75s, and you can also get them (for a difference in price from moderate to substantial) Vintage 30s or Greenbacks.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores