how would you rate him as a guitarist
on a scale of 1 to 10
Last edited by gibson7192 at Mar 20, 2008,
i would rate mayEr if you put this in the appropriate place
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
if you really do mean to spell it mayEr, then I would give him a 4. In my opinion, he's not really that great.
the pit is the appropriate place for anything
dont be overly annoying.

i would rate him a 8
he's very good in my eyes
seriously and he's good at arranging plus he has variety in his playing like he can bust some really jazzy stuff and then Blues then ive even heard him start playing some improv stuff using harmonic minor in Dorian

that was really different but he made it sound awesome
Quote by amaqqut
if you really do mean to spell it mayEr, then I would give him a 4. In my opinion, he's not really that great.

have you listened to Try!? anyway i might as well rate it now..8

(and the pit is actually not the apprpriate place for anything, so dont you be overly annoying bud )
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
the fact he went to Berklee aside, he's certainly decent enough. No SRV, but who is?
as long as he records more blues and doesn't go back to nauseating pop.
Quote by amaqqut

youve only heard his albums huh?

if you've ever heard him at a clinic
you might consider him god

he has a knowledge of scales and modes
almost comparing to Satriani
I like him quite a lot, I'd give him an 7, he is good, but there are many better guitarists in the blues, Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks etc...
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
8/9 awesome at whatever he needs to play,
check out him playing Belief at 2007 crossroads guitar festival, blow your mind
8/10

John Mayer is an amazing guitarist.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Carswell98
I like him quite a lot, I'd give him an 7, he is good, but there are many better guitarists in the blues, Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks etc...

Derek Trucks is a ****ing badass

I'd give Mayer about an 8. He is good, but he is not . At least from what I've seen.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
9. He one of my favorite modern guitarists. He still pretty young too, so I can't wait to hear what he puts out in the future now that he's closed the books on his "sensitive" music.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
5. I think he's boring.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
4/10
I only like his first two albums. I hate his take on the blues, but I don't mind his pop songs. Of course though, I hate the song YBIAWL.
watch crossroads and you will see how good he is i really diddnt like him before i saw it but he shows how good he is on crossroads

if he used his skills more in his recordings he would be a whole lot more succesfull
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
I like his music.

I don't know what I'd rate him as a guitarist though.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
He's good. 7 easily.

But I really hate his take on Hendrix stuff.

His own stuff and everything is brilliant though.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

9.5 out of 10

Close your eyes and just listen*. (Live recordings)
The lyrical content on his albums is amazing.
Great voice too.
If I were a female, I'd tap that....
Then again.... maybe if I....

* Not recommended whilst driving.
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
As an acoustic guitar player he's very creative and unique. For acoustic alone, I would rate him a 8.5. I don't like his blues take though. His should have stuck with the acoustic pop/rock/Alt style.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤