I've had a problem with my G-string going out of tune for a while now, and I took it to my local guitar shop, and they said it was the tuners. They recommended that I get Planet Waves locking tuners, but I'm not sure which they're talking about. He said they're pretty popular. Anyone know what he was referring to?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Quote by rigeljs
I've had a problem with my G-string going out of tune for a while now, and I took it to my local guitar shop, and they said it was the tuners. They recommended that I get Planet Waves locking tuners, but I'm not sure which they're talking about. He said they're pretty popular. Anyone know what he was referring to?

Maybe they go out of tune less or something, tried google?
What?

No, no, I know what locking tuners are, I'm wondering if anybody knows which model he was talking about.
Quote by DevilsDance76

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Right. Just realized that that's the only model.
Sorry, stupid question. Thanks though.
Quote by DevilsDance76

Ok..I've got the answer to your problem...Forget Planet Waves...cheap crap your dealer is going to try and unload on you (ok...I like their cables with the cut off switch, but thats about it) If you want great locking tuners get Sperzel Trim-Loks. Even if you have a trem on your guitar, it will stay in tune for an unbelievable amount of time. On my Epi Les Paul Standard I installed Sperzel's 3+3 Trim-Lok 3-Per-Side Tuners.
The string posts have graduated heights, and the tuners feature a 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, metal knobs, and threaded peghead bushings. 3/8" pegholes required. (The specs come from the website)
It takes me about 5 mins to do a string change and tune up...no wrapping the posts, just pull tight, tighten down the tuner wheel and tune up.

They also come in a 6-in-line style for Fender and similar.

Unless you have an extremely steady hand with a drill, I recommend having your tech install them...check with him on price for the labor, but they do come with a template of sorts if you want to try it yourself.

Now these list on Musicians Friend for 74.99 plus shipping for the Gibson style heads or 62.99 for the Fender style. Here's my inside info for you. Sperzel is located in Cleveland Ohio. Check out thier website; www.sperzel.com. After you know what style you want (you can also get them colorized in many different combos), call Sperzel at 216-281-6868. Ask to speak to Lori.
Tell her Russ from Erie, PA told you to call her. She sold me the 3+3 (chromed) for 50.00 + 7.00 UPS shipping, ask to get the same price, she is really nice and friendly; so you should have no problem getting that price. Saved 25.00 right off the top.

I swear you will love these things; I also have them on my sons SG and even the way he wails around on it, the tuning stays true.
Sperzels Rock!
Idealism was in the air (besides the marijuana smoke,) and maybe what was happening at Woodstock would spread and a quiet revolution, or rather evolution of sorts would take place, disinvolving the US from an unnecessary war in Vietnam.”
Ok..I've got the answer to your problem...Forget Planet Waves...cheap crap your dealer is going to try and unload on you (ok...I like their cables with the cut off switch, but thats about it) If you want great locking tuners get Sperzel Trim-Loks. Even if you have a trem on your guitar, it will stay in tune for an unbelievable amount of time. On my Epi Les Paul Standard I installed Sperzel's 3+3 Trim-Lok 3-Per-Side Tuners.
The string posts have graduated heights, and the tuners feature a 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, metal knobs, and threaded peghead bushings. 3/8" pegholes required. (The specs come from the website)
It takes me about 5 mins to do a string change and tune up...no wrapping the posts, just pull tight, tighten down the tuner wheel and tune up.

They also come in a 6-in-line style for Fender and similar.

Unless you have an extremely steady hand with a drill, I recommend having your tech install them...check with him on price for the labor, but they do come with a template of sorts if you want to try it yourself.

Now these list on Musicians Friend for 74.99 plus shipping for the Gibson style heads or 62.99 for the Fender style. Here's my inside info for you. Sperzel is located in Cleveland Ohio. Check out thier website; www.sperzel.com. After you know what style you want (you can also get them colorized in many different combos), call Sperzel at 216-281-6868. Ask to speak to Lori.
Tell her Russ from Erie, PA told you to call her. She sold me the 3+3 (chromed) for 50.00 + 7.00 UPS shipping, ask to get the same price, she is really nice and friendly; so you should have no problem getting that price. Saved 25.00 right off the top.

I swear you will love these things; I also have them on my sons SG and even the way he wails around on it, the tuning stays true.
Sperzels Rock!

GAH!
Just a few minutes too late, I'm afraid. Just finished ordering the Planet Waves tuners.
Thanks though, I'll use that if these don't work.
Quote by DevilsDance76

Call back and cancel!
Idealism was in the air (besides the marijuana smoke,) and maybe what was happening at Woodstock would spread and a quiet revolution, or rather evolution of sorts would take place, disinvolving the US from an unnecessary war in Vietnam.”
No, I ordered them off Musicians Friend (figured I'd get them a lot cheaper, and I did).
Oh well, next time.
Quote by DevilsDance76

if they are anything like scholers then they kick ass.... i have a set of locking tuners in my strat it never untunes unles the strings are shot to hell.....