Page 1 of 2
I might be moving soon from new Zealand

I dunno what city my parents want to go live to yet BUT...

Can anyone recommend my a city where theres a big music scene going on, and theres lots of stuff to do involving music, and where the biggest Australian bands come from.
if your into rap, adelaide is definately the place. i don't know about much else, but move to adelaide anyway, it's a really cool place
i moved to brisbane from auckland in jan. brisbane is good for music, there are some good guitar shops around and my school has a few bands
If you're after a music scene, Melbourne is your bag, or Sydney, closely followed by Adelaide. Pretty much alls styles are represented in those cities.

But please, save yourself the pain, do not move to Brisbane, in the 17 years I've lived here I've seen one band i actually liked and met one other good guitarist, that said I'm moving back to Melbourne next month,

I'll see you there?

*Major Edit* I overlooked the GC, now music there is thriving, THRIVING I TELL YOU!!
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Last edited by Shredder XXX at Mar 20, 2008,
Frickin Queensland. Brisbane/Gold Coast to be exact. Huuuge underground scene here, specially in rock and hardcore

make the move
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
sydney
around the beaches
theyre so boring all people do is surf and play guitar
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
Quote by Dazza
Frickin Queensland. Brisbane/Gold Coast to be exact. Huuuge underground scene here, specially in rock and hardcore

make the move

No. Epic lie
Yea, don't go to Brisbane. I live in Brisbane. The scene is lame. We've got a tiny metal scene that keeps dying and basically nothing else.
Go to Sydney or Melbourne.
Melbourne= Jet
Adelaide=Behind Crimson Eyes
Perth=Eskimoe Joe
Sydney= nothin but dance sh*t
Newcastle=Silverchair
Brisbane=Powderfinger
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Melbourne's the place. I've lived in NSW QLD and Vic and i can safely say melb is the place for music. You'll never be at a shortage for gigs, rehearsle spots, excellent bars, fellow like-minded muso's and all round nice people to hang out with. best city in aus without a doubt.
Get on top of my coffin woman.
I've always heard Perth has a rather lively music scene...

In Brisbane there isn't really much. It takes the rest of the world to realize there's something in Brisbane before people actually in Brisbane take notice.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Melbourne. Heaps of good stuff comes out of Melbourne.

And no Sydney sucks. I mean might be good for music and all. But terrible place to live. IMO.....
Last edited by Kirenjob at Mar 20, 2008,
For the music scene and well laid out city i would say Melbourne.
For everything else i would say Sydney.
I hear Sydney is just a big Auckland. And I hear people in Melbourne are friendlier on the streets.
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
Anywhere in Tasmania, nothing to do with music here but it's a kickass place.
Quote by Gmp
Anywhere in Tasmania, nothing to do with music here but it's a inbred place.

Fixed.

I live in Sydney, but almost 90 percent of my friends go up to Qld, Brisbane for the holidays. So i'd say Brisbane

I hate melbourne, jack **** to do there, always cold IMO
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
Melbourne FTW. heaps of underground metal. and great chicks
yep, dark phoenix ftw lol
You guys suck. Living somewhere ultimately waayy cooler than where I live. I'm sure the denizens are exceedingly less offensive/unintelligent/apathetic than the common folk in this god-forsaken land.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Melbourne!!!!
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Sydney? Serious?
You you people Australian, or just devout pro-Sydney folks.

Perth is #1 for all things good in music.
Followed by Melbourne.

I hear Adelaide has the oldest population of a capital city... sounds fun...

But seriously, If you guys aren't into living in the middle of a desert, Victoria is the place to be... (no pun intended)
Quote by slappymoe66
What would I say to the doctor "I got a bad case of tight balls" ? no dice nublet pie
Quote by gunners fan
Melbourne= Jet
Adelaide=Behind Crimson Eyes
Perth=Eskimoe Joe
Sydney= nothin but dance sh*t
Newcastle=Silverchair
Brisbane=Powderfinger

Last time I checked Sydney had Bad Blood and No Apologies.. but oh well.

also if you like food, like really good food, live in melbourne.
they have like plazas and tunnels everywhere full of restaurants and liachard (spelling = wrong) street has amazing italian food if you go into nice places.
Melbourne. followed by Perth and then Sydney.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Melbourne or Perth.
Melbourne's good because VIC is a small state. So getting to Gigs in Melbourne from the regional areas isn't too bad (About a 2 hour drive for me from Bendigo). And it has anything you want. Theres a fair amount of festivals during the year in Victoria as well.
Perth just seems to churn out bands alot for some reason, so there's always something fresh going on.
Well I thought Sydney wasn't to bad, but reading this makes me want to move to Melbourne
HI
Melbourne is suppose to be the cultural hotspot, but come to Western Australia, this small mining town Collie just won triple J's One Night Stand and so Pnau, Faker and COG are playing I only care for COG but then again Pnau have that really funky song that goes like this WILD STRAWBERRIES
Last edited by ratherbedead at Mar 20, 2008,
Ive lived in perth, sydney and melbourne.
Outta all of them, Melbourne honestly dominates.
Lots of upcoming acts, lots of venues and gigs/bars.
Sh!tloads of muso's.

You'll be right in Melbourne.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
For the love of god dont move to sydney whatever you do... Anywhere but sydney. Music is **** in sydney, there is no scene unless you like "clubbing" *shudder*
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
Page 1 of 2