i got a dean razorback v and ive never had a floyd before. what should i do and not do?
Well, do you ask this kind of questions even if you buy new pants? Well, you supposed to play guitar, it aint that different than non-floyd
What to do: play and dont stop
i mean with using the floyd or tuning. i just wana know if i change strings or tune it that im not ****ing any thing up.
don't over "wank" the whammy especially if you don't know how to change strings. also set your pickup selector to treble, whammy about halfway down, play a natural harmonic on 9th fret g string and pull up. thats your evenings entertainment right there.
Quote by skynyrd_69
i got a dean razorback v and ive never had a floyd before. what should i do and not do?

Don't use anything heavier than 11.s on it if you only have 3 springs in your tremolo cavity, if you do, you'll end up stretching out the springs and giving yourself REALLY bad tuning stability.

You should have the floyd parallel to the body after you set it up
one thing you shouldnt do is worry their not that difficult to live with just a bit fiddly

only things I can really suggest not doing is basically stuff that should be common sense anyway, like dont over tighten the various bolts to avoid snapping them, make sure the bridge is balanced, the locking nut is tightened properly

to be honest thats all you have to really worry about,,,,and well read the stickies, the stickies are good
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC