Page 1 of 2
ok heres the sitch, in about 3 weeks ive got a gig at my school where ill be performing a cover of Van Halen's "Eruption" with a few added bits. now im wondering if you guys have any tips on what to do in terms of a good show. some ideas im contemplating are attaching a smoke bomb to the headstock of my guitar and using a pick drill ala paul gilbert for the trmolo picking section. so start throwin around some ideas please.
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
ok heres the sitch, in about 3 weeks ive got a gig at my school where ill be performing a cover of Van Halen's "Eruption" with a few added bits. now im wondering if you guys have any tips on what to do in terms of a good show. some ideas im contemplating are attaching a smoke bomb to the headstock of my guitar and using a pick drill ala paul gilbert for the trmolo picking section. so start throwin around some ideas please.

Not play eruption.

/dick
<Omri> I love trannys too..
ive considered that and i think it would not be a pretty sight playin naked that is
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
ive considered that and i think it would not be a pretty sight playin naked that is

your bits will be covered by the guitar so its all good
Quote by Deep*Kick
only if he has a small-med willy

Quote by ZoSoBeatle
man, this is really not helping.

confirmed
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
with the hendrix thing i was planin to do it but i got a new guitar with mat black finish and i dont think thatll go down well, i burnt my laqured les paul all the time and it was fine.
hey, just relax as much as possible when your up on stage and enjoy it and be confedent(but not overly so), I've often made the mistake of focussing so much on what i'm playing that the performacnce as a whole becomes a bit boring, but it's easier to do other things if you've practiced so much you don't have to think about what you're doing.

Stage prop wise, some cool lighting and a smoke machine, mabie a fan to make your hair look cool (if you have long hair)
Quote by jimRH7
hey, just relax as much as possible when your up on stage and enjoy it and be confedent(but not overly so), I've often made the mistake of focussing so much on what i'm playing that the performacnce as a whole becomes a bit boring, but it's easier to do other things if you've practiced so much you don't have to think about what you're doing.

Stage prop wise, some cool lighting and a smoke machine, mabie a fan to make your hair look cool (if you have long hair)

Thank you! finally the first bit of actually advice!
with teeth playing i tried but i have braces so its really quite awkward and hard
ok his some ideas that im not sure on in terms of introduction. 1) start to play something really basic like smoke on on the water riff then launch into eruption 2) say something stupid like "I will now proceed to make love to this guitar" or something to that effect or 3) play something sort of pretty on clean then switch to hi gain distortion
set fire to your guitar at the ending!!!!
One
We are one
one is the beginning
are you one Herbert?

I'm not Herbert
kinda jump around while your playig it. Especially during the open chord part at the beginning jump in the air and just look like your having fun. Look pretty releaxed as well. And during the solo parts just... i dont know look like your doing a solo, bend back and make faces or whatever. look at videos of Van Halen for more ideas.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Go for th eold RHCP trick SOCK ON THE COCK !
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Time Seller
Well, here's a tip. Play it on the drums. There's one hell of a trick. Or just sing it.

lmao.

Can you actually play it, or do you just wanna play some really fast notes and impress people who have no idea what you're playing?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Nazi zaschzi
set fire to your guitar at the ending!!!!

Pfft.

He's gotta smash it.

Preferably into a small childs face.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
K seriously don't look 'em in the eyes!!! It helps me
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by metacarpi
Pfft.

He's gotta smash it.

yeah!!!!
One
We are one
one is the beginning
are you one Herbert?

I'm not Herbert
Play with an oscar meyer frank in your mouth.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
man, this is really not helping.

Pit for you.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
Quote by metacarpi
Pfft.

He's gotta smash it.

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
dont pick tap...that sounds cool but when you do it with eruption it just sounds gay

id also advice not playing it

if you can play it, thats great, but there's nothing more annoying then someone covering eruption. you see, eruption was van halens lead in to all the crazy **** he did in all his songs. i highly doubt your originals are that good. so youll look and sound like an idiot playing eruption (if you actually can, which i honestly doubt, because if you were that talented you wouldnt be wasting your time asking people for advice on how to play it) and then playing lame follow up songs

do some original guitar solo, they're always so much sweeter, and they actually show off what your going to do
Quote by RocksAwakening5
Play with an oscar meyer frank in your mouth.

i was memorized by your avatar for at least 5 minutes.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by AlecMag
i was memorized by your avatar for at least 5 minutes.

:O ME TOO :O
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Have huge buckets of boiling coffee that pour onto the crowd.
Gets 'em everytime
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Page 1 of 2