Page 1 of 2
Because my biology teacher was being horrible, and basically targeting me for talking in her class. She's not an old shrivelled up hag who's bitter because she's not getting any, but rather a young teacher, married in the last couple of years. So basically, other people yell, nothing. I whisper for help, bam, sent out. The time before she sent me out, i was joking and laughed because she told me off once again and said "I swear to God, I'm going to start a Columbine High style shooting spree". I know, not the best thing to say in the U.S, but in Australia, it's not a taboo topic to joke about. But that was the reason. Is this my school being politically correct, or just paranoid?
Discuss.
The school is acting normally, you are acting like an idiot and you sound like a dick to teach.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
School shootings are kinda serious, despite being overplayed.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Last edited by Von. at Mar 20, 2008,
it's better for them to be safe than sorry
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by Rankles
The school is acting normally, you are acting like an idiot and you sound like a dick to teach.

Why because i whisper to the person next to me for help on the work im doing? Yeah real inconsiderate right? I specified that i whispered in the OP and that columbine high and the like isn't so taboo because it hasn't happened on a large scale, some small incidents, but nothing too serious.
You shouldn't say something like that even if you are joking.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

lucky you didnt get expelled
i remember i made a comment on how i wish i could blow up my school and i got suspended and damn near expelled.
they take this kind of stuff seriously even if they know you're just joking
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by RatmN'Roses
lucky you didnt get expelled
i remember i made a comment on how i wish i could blow up my school and i got suspended and damn near expelled.
they take this kind of stuff seriously even if they know you're just joking

What country are you in? I know that the U.S tends to take things like this more seriously that they do here in Australia.
Quote by fretsonfire74
What country are you in? I know that the U.S tends to take things like this more seriously that they do here in Australia.

yea i live in the US.
im guessing nothing like that happened in australia so even more the reason to take things seriously so that it doesnt happen.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Your school is fine, you're being a moron.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by RatmN'Roses
yea i live in the US.
im guessing nothing like that happened in australia so even more the reason to take things seriously so that it doesnt happen.

I think because it hasn't happened, people don't realise the magnitude of an event like that. Like in the U.S, people joke about azaria chamberlain (Dingo stole my baby!) But it was a heart wrenching story, and i know i get annoyed when people joke about it, because it was a serious issue when it happened, she was charged with murder, then judged otherwise etc. Now I'm going to wait for the "witty" person who make the azaria chamberlain joke.
I wouldnt even have had that pop into my head. Not a very good move.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think because it hasn't happened, people don't realise the magnitude of an event like that. Like in the U.S, people joke about azaria chamberlain (Dingo stole my baby!) But it was a heart wrenching story, and i know i get annoyed when people joke about it, because it was a serious issue when it happened, she was charged with murder, then judged otherwise etc. Now I'm going to wait for the "witty" person who make the azaria chamberlain joke.

So you get tetchy when people joke about a story that strikes close to your heart, but it's ok for you to joke about a school shooting?

You're a dick, nuff said. You have no justification against getting sent out after saying what you did. You could've intimidated the teacher, the other pupils, and it's not funny. Just because it hasn't happened in Australia doesn't mean you can joke about it.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Seems pretty paranoid to me, they wouldn't do that at my school.

EDIT:
Quote by fretsonfire74
I've had that dude as a teacher
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 20, 2008,
an idiot? maybe not. careless in what you said? I think so.

Is it common for you to get sent out? for what reasons?

do you tend to talk alot to your classmates in the class?
do you tend to interrupt the teacher?
do you intimidate anyone at all?

if not, sounds like your teacher might be a bit off. but still, the comment you made about columbine although maybe not taboo to most could still be easily interpreted as something outright offensive or threatening to some. And that's reason enough to get sent out. I think that you've been sent out more than once from the same teacher is why you went to the counselor.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
Quote by jedilley
an idiot? maybe not. careless in what you said? I think so.

Is it common for you to get sent out? for what reasons?

do you tend to talk alot to your classmates in the class?
do you tend to interrupt the teacher?
do you intimidate anyone at all?

if not, sounds like your teacher might be a bit off. but still, the comment you made about columbine although maybe not taboo to most could still be easily interpreted as something outright offensive or threatening to some. And that's reason enough to get sent out. I think that you've been sent out more than once from the same teacher is why you went to the counselor.

I don't talk alot because we had a seating plan and i'm with people i don't really talk to. So im quiet. I don't interrupt, and this is the only time i've ever been sent out or threated with anything. And it wasn't a threatening thing because i was laughing when i said it, and my friends laughed. (This was a friday, the only day i sit with my friends because we're in a different room). The weirdest part is that she just pretends it didn't happen now. Strange teacher.
Quote by Rankles

Rankles hath spoken! He speaks truly.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Well, I do think it's wrong that the teacher is being a bitch to you for no reason, I know the feeling, but that's not really something to joke about. I hope you understand that at least. It doesn't matter if it's " taboo" or not, people still lost their lives.

=)
youre what 16? 17 tops.
ive come to learn that chillun your age lie about everything for the simple reason that they think it will bring everyone lulz.

it dont child.

so i think most of us here will agree when i tell you to grow up, grow a beard and become an abusive alcoholic.
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fretsonfire74
Why because i whisper to the person next to me for help on the work im doing? Yeah real inconsiderate right? I specified that i whispered in the OP and that columbine high and the like isn't so taboo because it hasn't happened on a large scale, some small incidents, but nothing too serious.

You're a twat! Just think about it, you're obviously not...
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
DW dude i did highschool in sydney too... and where i did it noone would have been punished for that either. It's just something we all made reference too every once in a while (though i graduated before the Virginia Tech massacre, which probably brought it all to the forefront of Australian minds).
I guess it might have depended on your tone of voice. Could they tell you were joking?
If you went to a public school like me i don't think you usually really would have got in **** for it, but if you go to an expensive private school they might be a bit more worried :P
This reminds me of the time that kid in my English class jokingly threatened to throw a desk at my teacher, he then 'pretended' to throw a desk at my teacher and hospitalized him,

That there is reason enough for any school to take any asshat's threats seriously

/mmm yup
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
What you should do is stop whining and make several sexual advances to this teacher, finally ending up whipping your dong out and laying it on her desk.

That should totally fix the situation.
This is the U.S. Government. We have intercepted a threat on our nation's schools on these forums. Threadstarter, expect a visit from the F.B.I.
Australia jumps on the bandwagon of major events that happen in real countries so it doesn't surprise me when people take it seriously.

And it's irrelevant. I'm sure it hasn't happened in Australia that a teacher has been stabbed 30 times in front of her class but if you threatened to do that you'd probably be arrested. It's completely irrelevant whether it's actually happened before or whether saying those comments is 'taboo'.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles

You got it right, first time.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Quote by r04ch
DW dude i did highschool in sydney too... and where i did it noone would have been punished for that either. It's just something we all made reference too every once in a while (though i graduated before the Virginia Tech massacre, which probably brought it all to the forefront of Australian minds).
I guess it might have depended on your tone of voice. Could they tell you were joking?
If you went to a public school like me i don't think you usually really would have got in **** for it, but if you go to an expensive private school they might be a bit more worried :P

Oh she could tell i was joking. I was laughing as i said it, and then my friends laughed. I think she just had it in for me so she told the counsellor. And i go to a private school, but not an expensive one (well, for private schools that is) about 5 grand a year.
Something tells me we heard only one side of the story, and chances are, you were being an ass clown while she was trying to teach.

You should never joke about shooting your fellow classmates/teachers, anyone with brains would see that they wouldn't find that very funny.

Here's a tip: be quiet in class. Don't say ANYTHING. It's not hard, you just close your mouth and don't open it except to breathe and yawn.

Sorry for the asshole-ish rant, but I hate kids who say, "Teh teacherz iz hatin' on me!!" when the truth is that they're disruptive little ****s and deserve every bit of it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
Something tells me we heard only one side of the story, and chances are, you were being an ass clown while she was trying to teach.

You should never joke about shooting your fellow classmates/teachers, anyone with brains would see that they wouldn't find that very funny.

Here's a tip: be quiet in class. Don't say ANYTHING. It's not hard, you just close your mouth and don't open it except to breathe and yawn.

Sorry for the asshole-ish rant, but I hate kids who say, "Teh teacherz iz hatin' on me!!" when the truth is that they're disruptive little ****s and deserve every bit of it.

But I'm always quiet. She just picks up on anything I say, which is more often than not, about the work because she won't answer my question. She says to raise my hand rather than yell out, so I do, and i wait for half a period before i get the answer, by which time i've gone ahead and done it wrong anyway, then get told off for that and told how i should have waited. And i like biology, I topped the last exam, so don't try to tell me that I'm a shit to teach.
These stories are getting too common in the modern age. My history teacher is an outspoken sexist. She will brag and threaten to put every boy in detention who talks... ye the girls have conversations in the middle of a lesson.
I really try not to swear much, but the political rights in this world are completely ****ed!
Quote by nedthehead
These stories are getting too common in the modern age. My history teacher is an outspoken sexist. She will brag and threaten to put every boy in detention who talks... ye the girls have conversations in the middle of a lesson.
I really try not to swear much, but the political rights in this world are completely ****ed!

Yeah she tends to do that a bit too, not as much though. But theres these 3 girls in front of me who she thinks are a gift from god.
All I heard was:

WAAAA WAAAA My teachers have it in for me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grow up, they're just trying to do their job. Making life hard for you makes life hard for them so in general they don't have it in for you.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Don't ever say you're going on a shooting spree. It's not funny, and it's not gonna get you any positive attention.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Grow up, they're just trying to do their job. Making life hard for you makes life hard for them so in general they don't have it in for you.

I completly agree with that, but I'm also trying to do my "job" by getting an education which I am legally obliged to. If she wants to single me out and make a display of me in front of the whole calss, she is obviously not doing her job properly

TBH: I'm actually more of a quiet kid. I just can't whisper
Quote by Ur all $h1t

WAAAA WAAAA My teachers have it in for me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

how does it make life hard for them?
Quote by fretsonfire74
how does it make life hard for them?

Do you think that her constantly having to correct you is fun for her? Her job is to teach, which is why she became a teacher, not to make people's lives miserable, if she wanted to do that she would have got a different job, probably in insurance or furniture repossession.
If she sends you to another teacher because you're causing trouble questions will be asked, particularly if you're a young teacher.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2