Page 1 of 2
I'm guessing it isn't always about language. Overall image and themes? That's not a dig at MCR, however much I'd like to...
I think theres a number of words that have to be classed as explicit before they add the sticker.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
anything by Fall out boy so they loose record sales and eventually have to quit because their so poor
Quote by Greg Harper
I'm guessing it isn't always about language. Overall image and themes? That's not a dig at MCR, however much I'd like to...

agreed, there's lots of suicide references and stuff which could be viewed as unsuitable for kids
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
anything by Fall out boy so they loose record sales and eventually have to quit because their so poor

You don't lose record sales because it says parental advisory. I didn't even know they still put them on cd's.
Quote by METAL MILITIA1

what are you talking about?
how many out of the top twenty selling albums of the last ten years have parental advisery stickers on them?

the two off the top of my head right now
eminems marshall mathers LP
and kid rock devil without a cause
Quote by kyleblackflag
what are you talking about?
how many out of the top twenty selling albums of the last ten years have parental advisery stickers on them?

the two off the top of my head right now
eminems marshall mathers LP
and kid rock devil without a cause

yeah but most of their fans are 10 year old girls so if they can't buy them then FOB doesn't make any money. But in all seriousness maybe Something Wild by Bodom probably just because of of themes and ****. But if that has the sticker then I can't really think of anything ATM. except master of puppets because thats about like drugs and stuff
i think that any blink record eneds one if ppl dont like their jokes Xd especcialy the live CD
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
yeah but most of their fans are 10 year old girls so if they can't buy them then FOB doesn't make any money.

It's a parental ADVISORY sticker, anyone can still buy the album.

In other news, you're a massive, unoriginal tool.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-

Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
I don't think cradle of filths 'Damnation and A Day' should have got an 18+ sticker. Fair enough for albums like KILL though.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
It mostly have to do with the meaning and message sent through the song.
Look at We're Not Gonna Take It, by Twisted Sister. They say that's one of the worst songs for explicit lyrics. There's no swears, but look at the message.
Quote by -February-Star-

ooo sorry for bagin your favourite band. anyway wasn't there like a big case in the 80's or 90's where like some Christian group tried to get that sticker on every metal CD or something I saw it TV but I don't know much about it
Censorship is stupid.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by howey
I don't think cradle of filths 'Damnation and A Day' should have got an 18+ sticker. Fair enough for albums like KILL though.

I think the cenorship board just couldn't understand half of Dani's lyrics and assumed most of the words were swears.
Inhuman Rampage from DragonForce, I think the only reason it got the sticker was the bonus DVD with interviews with the band
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
I remember that Does This Look Infeceted by Sum 41, had a sticker, yet they do not curse through the entire album, except for "hell"... there isn't even any violent imagry...
^A.N.I.C?
Quote by Axeman99
I think theres a number of words that have to be classed as explicit before they add the sticker.

Yeah, but look at Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss. There isn't a curse word on the album, and it has the PA emblem.
Quote by METAL MILITIA1

I'm read somewhere that the sticker actually increases your CD sales... I don't have a source though
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
I think MCR's I Brought You MY Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love should probably have the sticker, given the explicit language in some of the songs and the song about suicide.
The Parental Advisory stick is for language and THEMES.
So, Slayer gets it for the anti-religious themes, the stuff about serial killers, blood, gore ect.
My Chemical Romance gets it for the odd swear word and the suicide/depression themes.
Etc.
Quote by Magero
The Parental Advisory stick is for language and THEMES.
So, Slayer gets it for the anti-religious themes, the stuff about serial killers, blood, gore ect.
My Chemical Romance gets it for the odd swear word and the suicide/depression themes.
Etc.

Yeah the thrash band Vio-lence had stickers on their albums for themes (violence lol).

As for my view on the matter, just look at my sig.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
This is the biggest collection of ADD i've ever seen.
Quote by Magero

Etc.

Good call. I didn't think of that.
Sex Pistol - Never Mind The Bollocks, for example in bodies 'F**k this and f**k that, f**k it all and her f**king brat'
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Nickleback cd's should have the stiekr i they're gonna put one on Hinder. Hinder has like 3 words that they edit. Nickleback has at least ten and is not edited.
This is Bob. Bob likes sharp things. Bob likes you. I suggest you run from Bob.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
yeah but most of their fans are 10 year old girls so if they can't buy them then FOB doesn't make any money. But in all seriousness maybe Something Wild by Bodom probably just because of of themes and ****. But if that has the sticker then I can't really think of anything ATM. except master of puppets because thats about like drugs and stuff

actually any store ive ever been in the employees didnt really give a **** about kids buying parental advisory donned cd's. Almost NO real music store willl stop you, places like walmart might, but what do you expect from there?
Quote by insane99
I think MCR's I Brought You MY Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love should probably have the sticker, given the explicit language in some of the songs and the song about suicide.

yeah, that one has more cursing in it then any of their other records, but it still is the only one I like.
haha. any pre-american idiot green day cd. especially nimrod. the bridge to the song 'platypus-i hate you' goes like this: ''dickhead ****face cocksmoking mother****in asshole dirty twat waste of semen i hope you die HEY!''
Quote by mulletboy14
I remember that Does This Look Infeceted by Sum 41, had a sticker, yet they do not curse through the entire album, except for "hell"... there isn't even any violent imagry...

There's an entire song which is basically pure swearing (A.N.I.C), they say shit a few times, and the front cover is a full of gore, as is the leaflet. Not to mention some of the lyrical themes are about hell, teenage depression, drug abuse, and the general collapse of Western civilisation.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i think all those terrible albums by fallout boy/my chemical romance/etc. should have parental advisory warnings so that the 12 year olds parents stop buying them and they stop playing that crap on the radio
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by Random3
hey, what albums do you guys think should have the parental advisory sticker but dont, and any that do but dont deserve it.

one i can think of is three cheers for sweet revenge by my chemical romance. theres like one rude word and thats it :S

lets see...

****er
****ing
****er (again)
****ing (again)

all the same word, two different ways, two times each. only if you have the japanese bonus edition.
Quote by Random3
hey, what albums do you guys think should have the parental advisory sticker but dont, and any that do but dont deserve it.

one i can think of is three cheers for sweet revenge by my chemical romance. theres like one rude word and thats it :S

None. Whether or not they stick the sticker on there should be the sole choice of the record company.
The sticker just makes it cooler to buy! I think every CD ever should get the sticker, just for added awesome.
Quote by jetfuel495
lets see...

****er
****ing
****er (again)
****ing (again)

all the same word, two different ways, two times each. only if you have the japanese bonus edition.

yeah i agree, they say it more than just once in the whole cd, but i was surpried the Used first didn't get one, with the very last song (hidden track) and the Black Parade did
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
The sticker just makes it cooler to buy! I think every CD ever should get the sticker, just for added awesome.

Wait...who let 12 year olds on here?
I honestly don't even notice the stickers anymore.
Like it's already been said, it doesn't stop people from buying them so they're almost useless.
Other than that, people should not be big old vaginas about music they feel is inappropriate...kids are gonna experience that stuff eventually.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Page 1 of 2