I've been playing classical and acoustic for some years now, but I've never touched an electric guitar so far, I guess I wasn't that interested. However lately I've been wanting to buy one, to try something new. My budget is about 800€ (1260$), and I'd appreciate if you could suggest a nice guitar and an amp to me (I'll prolly spend around 300 on the guitar and 500 on the amp, I haven't made up my mind yet on that). Anyway, it'd be nice if the models you suggested were available at www.musicstore.de.
Thank you in advance.

Edit: I will be playing mostly some soft rock (maybe some blues from times to times).
Last edited by GiotisGR at Mar 20, 2008,
The Guitar you'll need is either an:
Epiphone Les Paul or Fender Strat.
(Any model of these guitars would do).
They suit ANY style of music, and can
withstand brutal bashings.

Amp? Get a 30 or 50 watt Peavy.

Hope I Helped.
Ibanez or Washburn suits your style.
Jackson Dinky may be a choice as well.
Amp wise...The Spider III's may be good since it has many metal sounds as well as blues, acoustic and soft rock sounds. Of course, you can tweak around with the given sound settings and make your custom out of it.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Guitar: looking on musicstore.de what id buy with your budget is this it offers a great value for the money and you can play anything. A les paul isnt that versatile and it costs something less...

Amp: if you dont want a tube amp you can get what you want with 300 euros

edit: i say buy this amp, it may seem im a fender fanatic but... its not true at all. Let us know!

to complete your setup another little suggestion: boss overdrive, its sturdy and it provides great sound. Grand total: 801,68

if you want to save money wait some time for the overdrive and get good quality cables and strap
Last edited by swinghead at Mar 20, 2008,
Thank you for your quick responds guys. Swinghead the link to the amp you suggest is unfortunately not working, can you check it please?

edit : nvm I got the link to work, it must have been my browser.
Last edited by GiotisGR at Mar 20, 2008,