Hey guys,

I just built myself a neat little talkbox, I gotta say, I'm really surprised how good it turned out.
Anyway, I was thinking of this:
Would it be possible, through an A/B box, to connect the microphone I use with my talkbox to the same amp that I play my guitar through? That would save me all the hassle of using another amp or a PA system. My question is, would using the mic on my amp damage it in some way? I've got a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 combo, which is tube, of course.

Thanks for the help,
Tom
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I'm wondering the same thing:P
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Which talk box did you get? If you got the Danelectro Free Speech talk box, then yes, you can run it in front of your amp in line with your pedals. Other than that, all the others (Rocktron, Dunlop, Framptone, etc.) need to be properly miced and ran through a PA or another amp.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Which talk box did you get? If you got the Danelectro Free Speech talk box, then yes, you can run it in front of your amp in line with your pedals. Other than that, all the others (Rocktron, Dunlop, Framptone, etc.) need to be properly miced and ran through a PA or another amp.

I said in my post that I built it myself
Anyway, can anybody give me a good reason NOT to run the talkbox through the same amp as my guitar with an A/B box?
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Ahh, my mistake. I read it fast before I had to head out this morning. As long as you're micing it, I'm sure you could A/B it and run it into your Marshall. I don't know the build of your pedal, so I can't really say if it'll hurt the amp or anything, but I doubt it will.