I am close to picking out a new guitar to get. Due to budget restrictions imposed very recently by me accidently scratching my neighbour's car and having to pay for half the damage, my new budget is $320 (CAD).
I play lots of Metallica, power metal and speed metal. Heavy metal and hard rock as well, and the odd bit of modern rock (barely any).
I'm leaning towards the Ibanez RG2EX1.
Any other suggestions? Please avoid Schecters. I dislike them.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
You play solos or rythm?

EDIT: Until further notice. Check out LTD or Epiphone. LTD's are well built and usually good pickups. Epiphones are also very well built but i dont know about the pickups. LTD EC50 or EX50 are awesome :P.

I wouldn't go for Cheap Ibanez. They feel good, but some are dirty sounding and very poor built. The RG370DX i loaned for two days cracked in the neck because it was leaned towards an amplifier.

The Ibanez RG2EX1 you have selected is probably a good guitar loaded with EMG's and all. But you should really try it and feel how it fits you.

Cheers mate:p
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Mar 20, 2008,
Are you up for a used guitar? If so, great. You can get them much cheaper that way.

I suggest an ESP if you have the money. My fave shred guitar, that.

An Ibanez Gio is super cheap but isn't that good for heavy rhythm. The tone is a bit too light for me, and the pickups are very whiny.
I'm not really in to shredding.
Epiphone is almost certainly a NO for me.
Due to a confusion with account setup, the account "Big Sugar" has been banned. That account was/is me. TO CLARIFY: Sinnessjukdomen = Big Sugar
id prob go LTD my friend used to have their bottom end guitar and for being $150 it impressed the hell out of me. they have really good necks and maybe a trem. i would definately look into the LTD's.
I've been looking at those and Ibanez just really looks alot better. Thanks for the suggestions though.