Ok, so the mouse broke on my mac, and I cant get a new one for about 2 weeks. Does anyone know a way to turn on the universal access virtual mouse with only teh keyboard? Maybe with a keyboard shortcut or terminal command or something? Any help much appreciated (I'm running leopard btw)...
The touchpad mouse broke? Get a Mac USB mouse then.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by saphrax
This is where having Windows means win (for once). The Tab key on windows (in conjunction with the ALT key) can let you work the OS jsut as well as with a mouse.

Sorry, but I can't really help.

thats so irritating though. swapping between programs is alright, but using tab to move your cursor irks me.
Why can't you just buy one now?
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
I thought any USB mouse would work...

If so, borrow/steal/buy a cheap normal mouse.

[edit] Beaten to it...
I can't buy one now because I have no money and there is no mac mouses in my town at the moment (the shops replacing it). Anyone know of a program I can use or something because the tab keys really annoying?
Should've got a PC
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
Should've got a PC

A well thought out argument!

Why, exactly?
Quote by yam
thats so irritating though. swapping between programs is alright, but using tab to move your cursor irks me.

It used to irk me too, then I used it so often that I find I can Tab through a lot of Windows facter than using the mouse.
As I recall, any USB mouse works with a mac.
They do for me, anyway. : P
Quote by Fleabag

Why, exactly?

Because PC mouses never break.
Any USB mouse works with a mac, and they're not hard to get. You can get one that would work just fine for like $5 if you don't have one sittting around. I mean jeez, I have atleast 5 somewhere in my house.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by Fleabag

Why, exactly?

For one ho would have a mouse. And then this entire thread would have been avoided!
i don't really know, because i use my trackpad. but its definitely possible to do pretty much everything with the keyboard, because i know someone who does just that.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Zeh
Any USB mouse works with a mac, and they're not hard to get. You can get one that would work just fine for like $5 if you don't have one sittting around. I mean jeez, I have atleast 5 somewhere in my house.
Where are you? Can you post me one?
Quote by Mayano
Because PC mouses never break.

Mac mouses do break easily...

But then usual USB mice are cheap. Then you have a mac with an unbreakable mouse....

You could take over the world....
Quote by saphrax
This is where having Windows means win (for once). The Tab key on windows (in conjunction with the ALT key) can let you work the OS jsut as well as with a mouse.

I cant turn my comp on without a mouse :p

Cant choose a profile upon statup.
I've been here since '04.

Quote by saphrax

you can do all this kinda stuff on mac too.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by saphrax

Works on OSX too. At least on Tiger
Apple-Space will give you spotlight.
Put in Universal Access and open the preference pane.
Tab over to Keyboard.
Tab through and use enter to turn the mouse keys on.
Now, use the numeric keypad to move the mouse. 5 is click and 0 is click and hold.

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
Apple-Space will give you spotlight.
Put in Universal Access and open the preference pane.
Tab over to Keyboard.
Tab through and use enter to turn the mouse keys on.
Now, use the numeric keypad to move the mouse. 5 is click and 0 is click and hold.

-SD

That almost did it, except when I open the preferences I can't select any options with tab, the cursor is just stuck in the search box at the top of the window? Thanks heaps
Quote by Mayano
Ok, so the mouse broke, and I cant get a new one for about 2 weeks.

i can recommend a friend...

>.>
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Mayano
That almost did it, except when I open the preferences I can't select any options with tab, the cursor is just stuck in the search box at the top of the window? Thanks heaps

Press ctrl-fn-F7

-SD