I know this would probably belong in the only gaming tread, but I guess that is more for general discussion.

Now, me and a buddy are trying to play World of Warcraft together at the moment, and we both created a character.

It turns out I can't see other gamers that are online, as in there are no other people on my screen except for the bots and stuff. My buddy doesn't have this problem.

I tried to make another character, but that didn't work either, so I'm turning to the Pit.

Help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Try your firewall's settings. If you minimise WoW during gameplay, there may well be a message on your desktop saying that WoW has been blocked, and asking if you want it to continue blocking or allow access.

My other advice would be: DON'T START PLAYING WoW! You've been given a chance to **** it off! Take it and save your social life before it's too late!
Quote by Time Seller
Here's your solution:

Screw the game and throw away your discs before it sucks in more of your soul and your money.

I don't play, we just thought we would play so I'm using another guys laptop.

I don't even have the game at home.
I play WoW and I still maintain a normal life. It's called responsibility, give it a shot, it's wild man!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Time Seller
Here's your solution:

Screw the game and throw away your discs before it sucks in more of your soul and your money.

+1

I gave that advice to my brother.. and spent 6 days without moving because he got so mad that he hit me with a baseball bat screaming: "Take that, you Supermetawarrior (something among those lines)" And so, the Pit is safer to give that kind of advice.. so, if you see what i mean.. don't end up like my brother (who is 11) and save your beloved ones from violence caused by videogames

EDIT: I dont even know if I'm one of my brother's beloved ones

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Last edited by pawm24 at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by Time Seller
Yes, you say that now. The next time you come to the Pit, you'll be a middle-aged man wondering where your teenage life disappeared to.

I have spoken.

True, true Time Seller, but I don't even have a proper internet connection at home, so I couldn't even if I wanted.

And I know lots of cool guys playing WoW. (And one geek that is never out of the house.)
Quote by pawm24
+1

I gave that advice to my brother.. and spent 6 days without moving because he got so mad that he hit me with a baseball bat screaming: "Take that, you Supermetawarrior (something among those lines)" And so, the Pit is safer to give that kind of advice.. so, if you see what i mean.. don't end up like my brother (who is 11) and save your beloved ones from violence caused by videogames

Games don't cause violence. The people who become violent like your brother are predisposed to react like that and shouldn't be allowed to play. End of.
Quote by rizo299
Games don't cause violence. The people who become violent like your brother are predisposed to react like that and shouldn't be allowed to play. End of.

I agree with you.. plus he ISN'T allowed to play, but, you know how kids are.. haha no, he actually gets into his room, spends 15 hours there playing some game, and then comes out, says "I'm hungry" eats, and goes in again.. and my mom says that he has nothing to do, so, why would videogames hurt him?-- and I go like.. please mom.. but.. now I think I confused myself and never got to a point...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by pawm24
+1

EDIT: I dont even know if I'm one of my brother's beloved ones

somethings wrong with your brother
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Quote by Time Seller
Yes, you say that now. The next time you come to the Pit, you'll be a middle-aged man wondering where your teenage life disappeared to.

I have spoken.

Hes the Beastmaster, you should listen to him.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
Hes the Beastmaster, you should listen to him.

True, that.

As I said, self-control is key.

By the way, there was a WoW thread up a few days ago, and it descended into pretty much the same line of posts that yours is going down. Ah, I love wrecking WoW threads.
Quote by pix_dement
somethings wrong with your brother

Haha I know

I'm a GIRL!
Last edited by pawm24 at Mar 20, 2008,