Hi Guys,

I've got an SG copy (Coxx SD), which has a nice mahogany body and a decent finish.

Since I can't afford a new Gibson, I'm wondering if it was be better to slowly upgrade my current axe (ie: Pickups & all the other gear) to something better.....

Or

Will that just be more expensive in the long run, without improving the sound much? And I should save my money and go ahead eventually to buy a Les Paul BFG)

Just looking for some input.

Thanks,
Awfers
Coxx SD Standard
Last edited by AwfulQuiet at Mar 20, 2008,
changing the pickups can change your sound alot and it something I am a proponent of. Although new guitars are also great! In the long run it would be cheaper to upgade your axe than buying a Les Paul
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
i cant really answer your question coz i'm in a similar position, but i'd say sound isnt everything, remember feel and quality of construction and set up are important too...that usually comes with higher end guitars, cheap ones are hard to fix sometimes.
Dancing In Your Dust
The amp is way more important. What do you have?
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by Darth_Queso
The amp is way more important. What do you have?

A Kustom (came with the beginners kit from the local guitar store, can't remember the exact model number).. not that bad according to my guitar teacher.
Coxx SD Standard
You will definitely get a bigger tonal improvement from a new amp. What genres do you play/how much money are you willing to spend?
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by Darth_Queso
You will definitely get a bigger tonal improvement from a new amp. What genres do you play/how much money are you willing to spend?

Hi Darth,

I'm sort of varied, but tend to lean toward Rock (I especially like The Who, GnR etc) and Alternative (Nirvana), but stuff like Metallica doesn't phase me either :-)

So an amp to play a variety of styles..

How much am I willing to spend? About CHF 500 (+/-$500)

Cheers,
Awfers
Coxx SD Standard