Me and my mate have run out of ideas for double guitar songs. We play rock/metal music....any ideas????
You gotta be joking!??? There is no f***ing way that you've run out of ideas for a dual guitar song. There are so many out there that it's gotta be near impossible to learn them all... especially in rock and metal!!!
Quote by Mad_Rocker101
yeah but weve done most of their songs so.....

You must play together a hell of a lot! Maiden's back catalog alone would take up about 3 solid weeks!

But the best idea I can suggest is to start writing your own material. If you can play "most" of the stuff by the bands in that list, you've obviously got enough experience to start writing songs together.
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!! Learn some of their stuff. Learn Freebird. It's a fun song to play and it has a double guitar solo.
Quote by Junior#1
LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!! Learn some of their stuff. Learn Freebird. It's a fun song to play and it has a double guitar solo.
A lot of their stuff has 3 guitars and a keyboard/piano, though.
Quote by Mad_Rocker101
yeah but weve done most of their songs so.....
please say you meant "a lot" or "some" of their songs.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Tips. Dual guitars are usually, in difference, octaves, 3 notes up/down (in the root scale) or power (i call it that when it is 7 tones above or below the base solo)

Usually when i write dual guitars, I come up with a nice, but not too complicated to double over, riff and then just use one of the techniques above to create harmony. However, this will be very basic harmony. There is also interlacing harmony, where you use more than one of those techniques, or switch which guitar is playing higher or something like that.

P.S. you can see some nice harmony examples on "City of Evil" by Avenged Sevenfold.

Hope that helps!
Cheers