Page 1 of 6
I thought it might be interesting to share some little-known interesting facts about our hometowns. I'll start.

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, USA: The slinky was invented here. In fact, I live within walking distance of the slinky factory.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by p4wnkkthx
Saxton, PA. It sucks.

What the hell?! you live in Saxton?!? ...do you know Patrick Neville?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Atherton, QLD, Australia.

It was founded by Chinese immigrants, and is built on the side of a dormant volcano.
Yeah, I know him. My best friend's brother hangs out with him all the time.
Quote by p4wnkkthx
Yeah, I know him. My best friend's brother hangs out with him all the time.

...you're kidding me
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Basically a rip-off of the "what is your town famous for" thread but why not.

Bonny Hills, NSW, Australia. Some guy off of Australian Idol lived up the road...boo yeah?...:-|
Portersville, PA. Sucks, but the guy across the street from my house invented the suction cup.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Avon! Home of the annual Duct Tape Festival! But no really it's sad. Used to have the Festival of Flowers, but flowers cannot fix ducts.
Quote by Cameronrobson
If a barn owl was fighting a tiger and flew away, it was just looking for a more awesome place to fight. This happens all the time on Dragon Ball Z.

Member 8 of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club
I'm in Newcastle and this is the home of the soccer player Alan Shearer, Sting (the bassist) and also has Roman remains. It's the eastern end of Hadrian's Wall too and the Wallsend Metro station has signs in Latin!
The beatles, I guess.

And my birthtown was on the news a lot not long ago, because they turned up a load of paedophiles there. Paedophiles that were active when I lived there.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
The first reading of the Declaration of Independence was in the center square of my town
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Boca Raton, Florida (translated in spanish, it kinda means rats mouth, lol): anyways, Adam Sandler's family lives here. whoopdy doo.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Seneca Falls, New York, home of the first women's rights convention.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Walt Disney was originally going to build Disney World in my town, but then he went to Florida and found some open place :\

Its cool to think that there could have been roller coasters and water parks right where I am sitting and where I go to school.
There are a lot of Japanese people here, and that's about it.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Pittsburgh is the home of Heniz ketchup, the Steelers and other great things.

Are there a lot of Pennsylvanians in this thread or is is just me?
Quote by __Ronnie__
Pittsburgh is the home of Heniz ketchup, the Steelers and other great things.

Are there a lot of Pennsylvanians in this thread or is is just me?

Ja, I am pennyslavian.

<_<
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Mayodan, NC...its a small hick ass town...but it's the only town in the world with that name...as certified by ripley's believe it or not
kälviä, finland. It's full of rednecks and farmer-johnsons

Yeah it sucks
omg
Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Not much ever happens here. Saves the Day and OK Go played a concert at the high school. One of the middle schools (my school by the way) just had about five or six bomb threats this year. We have a Kugel Ball. And apparently there was a legend about an H tree, which if you circled six times and then jumped off a cliff, the ground would open up and you'd fall into Hell.

Yeah, real exciting. And there are a whole lot of Pennsylvanians on this thread.

Edit: The dude that played Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre graduated from the high school, according to Wikipedia.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
Last edited by trjafreak208 at Mar 20, 2008,
my city has one of the highest hate group concentrations in the country
so, where's my prize?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Knutsford, Cheshire

Named after the Danish King Canute fording the River Lily here at some point ages ago. Although it's not a huge feat as the river is a tiny dribble of a stream.

It was also the basis for the novel 'Cranford' by Elizabeth Gaskell, who was born in Knutsford. The book contains several references to places in the town that still exist today.

But nothing interesting happens here, it's just a small town.
Page, AZ. What started out as a small village for people building the Glen Canyon Dam has survived more than 50 years and is still trailers, in the dust, in the middle of nowhere. It's a nice place to live though. We got 9th on a 200 city list on nicest places to live. Music Scene is nonexistent and Lake Powell is about 1 mile North.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by deadhead876
Memphis,tn nearly 80% black that is why we call it Memphrica

In what part of Memphis do you live in?
Kirriemuir, Scotland

Peter Pan was written here by J.M Barrie and Bon Scott (AC/DC) lived here also.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Richard Pryor is from here.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm in Newcastle and this is the home of the soccer player Alan Shearer, Sting (the bassist) and also has Roman remains. It's the eastern end of Hadrian's Wall too and the Wallsend Metro station has signs in Latin!

You forgot the best thing!

Bloomington-Normal, Illinois: Home of the BEER NUTS!
Last edited by 4handsarebetter at Mar 20, 2008,
Filey, North Yorkshire, has been named the best place in the UK to spot UFOs, also the footballer David Batty lives here, I know this isn't Filey but in the next town Scarborough, the video for 'Just for Tonight' by One Night Only was filmed on the sea-front, also Jimmy Saville lives in Scarborough, you know, the dodgy old guy who used to present Top of the Pops
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Mar 20, 2008,