Hi, can someone tell me what's the name of the interval between, let's say, a C and a C#? If it was between a C and a Db (which sounds like a C#) it would be a 2nd Minor. But C with C#? Do augmented unisons exist? xD

Thanks!
Okay... stop clicking now it's getting old.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Oct 21, 2008,
Although it's not an interval strictly speaking, for something like that, I would just say a half step up, as Minor 2nd would not be technically correct.
C to C# an Augmented unison, or Augmented prime.

Increase the distance of any Perfect or Major interval by 1/2 step and you have an Augmented interval.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMunky
+1

its an Augmented unison or an Augmented prime. (according to my theory textbook).
When would you use it? All I can think of is if you made a mode of the blues or double harmonic (that's 1 b2 3 4 5 b6 7, right?) scales, which is of course somewhat silly.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
When would you use it? All I can think of is if you made a mode of the blues or double harmonic (that's 1 b2 3 4 5 b6 7, right?) scales, which is of course somewhat silly.

Im not sure where you would use it. But thats what it is.
You would probably never see it in a piece of music, but you might see it in your theory I interval exam in a college theory course.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 20, 2008,